ESET Mobile Antivirus Release Candidate discussion thread

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by agoretsky, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Please use this message thread to discuss ESET Mobile Antivirus Release Candidate 1.

You are welcome to discuss things you like, experiences with installing and using the software and so forth.

If you have require assistance troubleshooting the program or wish to post a bug report, please create a new message thread to discuss it, as these types of message threads tend to become very large over time and the issue may not receive prompt attention from ESET's support staff or developers if it is posted here.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

2. SysWiz

SysWiz Registered Member

Update function says connecting to the Internet, and then "Couldn't find server". Is there an update server yet?

EDIT: As mentioned below by Kiwi, this is because there is not an active internet connection. If the user manually clicks on "update" shouldn't it kick in a connection?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  3. Flying Kiwi

Flying Kiwi Registered Member

I've only had this on my HTC branded TyTN II running HTCs latest Windows Mobile 6.1 WWE ROM (not an AT&T Tilt) for a short time but so far I've found the following 'issues'.
    1. Attempting to instal using the exe file over Activesynch (a Win XP Pro SP3 PC) fails with a warning that it has no digital signature
    2. Attempting to update with no active internet connection will not automatically start a connection and instead gives a 'dumb' message about failure to connect to the server.
    3. If a valid internet connection is already established before attempting to update then the product commences the update with a little progress bar shown but then comes up with a warning about the Database file being corrupted. Have tried this several times with the same result.
    4. The ESET 'Eye' icon is to close to the htc logo on HTCs native Today screen, it needs repositioning somewhere else
    5. There is no X close button for Eset Mobile Antivirus, even though the screen can be closed with Exit under the menu option. For consistency with Windows applications an x button is needed.
    6. When I initiated a scan including my storage card it attempted to open my Googlemaps cab stored there and when I chose no it still kept nagging me the same question over and over. The only way I could get out of this was by giving in and choosing yes to open it. This product wasn't developed by any mother-in-laws was it? ;-)

Will keep testing and post further as time permits.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  4. agoretsky

Hello,

In response to your questions:

1. The release candidate is not digitally signed. If your your device is configured to prompt for programs without a digital signature, you will receive a notification when installing the program. A digital signature will be added in the future.
    2. Noted. There has been a question about whether or not the program should automatically start a network connection if none exists, as some customers may not be on flat-rate data plans.
    3. No virus signature database updates are available yet for ESET Mobile Antivirus, hence an error occur. I will check on what can be done to make the error message more understandable.
    4. I am not sure what can be done about this since different devices are going to have icons, buttons and imagery at different locations on their screens. Would giving the user an option of where the icon is displayed be better? If so, what should those options be?
    5. Noted.
    6. What was the exact message displayed?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. nikol

nikol Registered Member

On-access scanner still not working

Woops, I create a new thread here for this. Sorry for not RTFMF, LOL.

Hi,

I tried RC but same problem as detailed in this thread.

After installation, Mobile Antivirus says, "Sorry, can't initialize On Access scanner. Please try soft resetting your device to solve the problem."

After soft reset, I get a Confirm dialogue asking, "Would you like to star On Access scanner?"

I choose "Yes" and the ESET Mobile Antivirus graphic comes up but then I get an Alert dialogue saying, "Sorry, can't initialize On Access scanner."

The phone is the PhoneOne S101 (same as the Puma_T model from TechFaith Wireless in China).

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  6. pobox77

pobox77 Registered Member

It works on Fujitsu-Siemens PocketLoox N520 (WM 5 Professional).

Regards,
    Peter

7. agoretsky

Re: On-access scanner still not working

Hello,

Please make sure the phone is unlocked so that it can run unsigned applications. If this does not work, try manually starting the program by navigating to the "...\ESET Mobile Antivirus\" directory on the device using File Explorer and running the "EsetOAMobile.exe" file inside it.

Also, can you please look inside the \Windows\Startup" directory on the device and list the entries in there? It could be that one of them is conflicting with ESET Mobile Antivirus on startup.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8. GeM31

GeM31 Registered Member

Hello,

Sorry foy my bad english, :rolleyes: traduction par Google!!!

Here is my configuration

PDA: ASUS-A696

Windows Mobile 6

SPB Mobile Shell
    SPB Pocket Plus
    SPB Backup

I downloaded yesterday Eset Mobile Antivirus 0.10.200808081055 that I installed on my A696 everything worked. :D

Today I make a Hard Reset and re-configuring a personal basis.
    When installing Eset Mobile Antivirus I have the following messages that I identical to those of Nikol. :mad:

After installation, Mobile Antivirus says, "Sorry, can't initialize On Access scanner. Please try soft resetting your device to solve the problem."

After soft reset, I get a Confirm dialogue asking, "Would you like to star On Access scanner?"

I choose "Yes" and the ESET Mobile Antivirus graphic comes up but then I get an Alert dialogue saying, "Sorry, can't initialize On Access scanner."

http://i14.tinypic.com/72zngw4.jpg

Soft Reset and reboot

http://i5.tinypic.com/8b6poav.jpg
    http://i13.tinypic.com/7xc5vzs.jpg
    http://i13.tinypic.com/6z93rls.jpg

And still running manually

http://i14.tinypic.com/72zngw4.jpg

It does not remain a resident.

I uninstalled 3 times and I always have the same problem.

Thank you for your answers.

Regards

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  9. lesailes

lesailes Registered Member

Hi,

I tried Eset for windows mobile two weeks ago :
    i took the version for pocket pc because it is a touchscreen smartphone - It is a samsung i-900 or Omnia or Player addict in France.
    With this version of Eset antivirus (about two weeks ago), i didn't have problems until i restart the mobile. The mobile was configurated without cellular capabilities (aircraft mode) and after the start, i wanted to activate the phone functions of the smartphone. Then, the mobile requested the code pin and then, there was a conflict with Eset antivirus and the mobile was locked on the code pin's screen.
    I had lot of difficulties after with several reset to have the hand before the mobile asked me to re-enter the code pin and another re-locked the mobile ...
    I did'nt know how, but after lot of tries, i had hand and then i sucessfuly un-installed the Eset Antivirus.

Have you fixed this problem with the new version ?
    How can i knom if this software is compatible with samsung i-900 ?

Thanks for you reply and excuse me for my english.

10. GeM31

GeM31 Registered Member

Hi,

After searching the software that I was the problem cited before and found nothing even uninstalling some. :rolleyes: o_O

I refais a Hard Reset which means any reinstall :(

Then I installed the first Eset Mobile Antivirus and it is all fine, no problems or installing or setting resident even after a soft reset.

Then I reinstalled the same software installed on the previous configuration and everything works.

So in conclusion, it is desirable to install the first after a Hard Reset Eset Mobile Antivirus (for me) :D

Thanks

Regards

Sorry foy my bad english, :rolleyes: traduction Google!!!

11. Globule

Globule Registered Member

Hi

I also tried Eset antivirus for windows mobile on my Samsung I900 Omnia (aka FPlayer Addict) and got the same code pin lock problem as Lesaile.
    The installation worked fine and the antivirus was working fine too.
    The antivirus seems light and does not slow down the phone.
    But I had to switch off and on my pdaphone and had the pin lock problem.
    Since the omnia has phone capability and since a code pin is specified, when it restarts, it asks for the code pin. You can enter the value and click "enter". Alas it seems that the anti-virus is preventing the process to finish (the animated circle waiting icon appears and never leaves) and the phone part never unlocks.
    Switching off and on the phone or performing a soft reset does not help
    I managed to access the parameters and was able to uninstall the antivirus and after a reset, everything goes back to normal.
    Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the antivirus is loading just after the window asking for the code pin is displayed (you can tell because you see the ESET splash screen appearing on top of the code pin window)

Have you an idea how this problem can be fixed and if there will be a new version ?
    Hope this message helped

12. gbarray

gbarray Registered Member

HI,

I use ESET Mobile Antivirus on a HTP P3470 pdaphone.

It works very fine adn do not slow the PDA but I have two question.

It seems not possible to know which is the version of the virus database installed.

and

the update already returns the database is up to date .

Is there some virus databases upgrade for this tools ?

Best Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.