EQSecure 4.0 Beta 2008.4.28

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by HIPSter, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HIPSter

HIPSter Registered Member

2. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

3. HIPSter

I wouldn't call it unknown since it's from the official site. It's likely Beta 2.

The .zip file itself contains the same files as the .zip Easter attempted to share the other day, but only this time it's from the official site. All of the timestamps are the same.

As opposed to the .exe you just posted, the .zip can be applied over an existing install. This thread was created in response to the one recently created by Easter, which was locked unfortunately because he attempted to share the file himself since he didn't have an official link:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=217043

Perhaps Easter has a reason for using the older version over the one you posted?

4. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

Yes, the link you posted looks like v4 Beta 2.

I used Universal Extractor to extract B3 files.

5. HIPSter

Thanks for the advice, Alcyon.

Since we're on the subject of Beta 3, does anyone know whether the English translation add-on works with Beta 3?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall reading about a high CPU activity bug that existed in the 4.0 Betas. Is this still a problem in Beta 3?

6. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

Unfortunately, EQSecure v4 Beta has never been translated correctly. You'll notice Chinese characters in many places if you use the en.zip file for Beta2 here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=204700&highlight=eqsecure (post #6). So yes, it works but it's pretty unfinished. Btw, English isn't my native language so we'll need to wait for a brave soul to perfectly translate it.

What you need to do to test/use Beta 3 as the installer don't work:

- Install EQSecure v3.41
    - Close EQSecure (tray icon/exit)
    - Extract eqsecure2008b3.exe using Universal Extractor (latest version)
    - Remove all .tmp extensions
    - Copy all the new extracted files (with all .tmp ext removed) to eqs v3.41 directory (overwrite)
    - Rename en.zip.txt to en.zip and copy to lang folder (overwrite)
    - Reboot.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  7. subset

subset Registered Member

Hi,

according to the official EQS forum, there is an internal(?) beta 4 completed.
    There is no download link, only a pic of the new GUI.

EQS4b4.png

Cheers

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

TRUE.

In my excitement & haste i pressed ahead with posting opposed to forum TOS before realizing that and was promptly reprimanded, so you would be best to follow the original sites and work from those downloads.

By the way, after using Universal Extractor and removing .tmp's and overwrite, i don't notice a single change (yet) from the 4.0 i been using all along. There are 3 other folders that are unknown to me exactly what their content is for so not bothering with those at all. Still, all works as usual even with this one.

EASTER

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  9. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Not a prob. As you know translations are completely configuarble to suit. It's your Rules that's turned EQS into GOLD METAL Olympic Material. LoL

Truly a World-Class HIPS in every sense of the word. We all have special interest in new features we would like to see added/included to round this HIPS out completely in spite of the sandbox, but that's up to the maker whether any will be realized or not, still as-is, this is the cream of the crop.

IMHO, it has it's own SRP courtesy the BlockList. LoL Works like a charm!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

EASTER

11. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

Maybe our first Canadian gold medal :D :cool:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.