Has Update been suspended?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cosmo32, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackbelly73

blackbelly73 Registered Member

hey everybody,its 1:43 am eastern time and i just updated. you have to do it manually.if u r seeing this try u23.eset.com. It worked for me just now. its a large file ,so it take about 2 minutes to download if u have broadband. i canbreath easily now:shifty: :D :D

2. blackbelly73

blackbelly73 Registered Member

By the way the virus signature is 3331 (20080806).

3. tyrolean

tyrolean Registered Member

I am a ESET Reseller in Austria and have a lot of customers complaining
    about this issue, There is no update possible, either manually nor automatic.
    Please ESET release a new updatet installer or some update installer!!

Why is this so hard to do? Other Companies can do so, it has been time
    enough to get infected, so please do something!!

4. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

All my (paid) customers are now updating, although with a delay sometimes with single users. However the trial version (of v2.7) is still not updating, so I can no longer install trials on customer computers.

The lack of an ability to install Nod32 trials is definitely affecting Nod32 sales.

How long is this now, 2 weeks?

5. Maxkaos

Maxkaos Registered Member

http://www.nod32.it/download/index.php

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  6. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Registered Member

We don't need to go Italian -- here's one in English being sold by ESET in Australia:

http://www.nod32.com.au/download/trial.html

I can probably find many more if you want. Do you really want me to post more? :doubt:

OK, here's another, in South Africa: http://www.eset.co.za/trial.php

I can do this forever. Those are ESET domain names, still selling NOD32 v.2.7. So, stop it with the misinformation, please.

So, why don't you stop blaming customers for using software still being sold under the ESET brand name, and start focusing more on upgrading your inadequate serves system?
    ;) Otherwise this will happen again around Christmas time, just like last year...

And why does the message say "Your definitions are up to date" instead of "Our server system is overloaded. Please try again next week." The first statement is a lie, while the second is the truth.

Stop blaming the customers for using software you are still selling and apologize for ESET's poor response to this crisis. But maybe you don't have the authority to do that.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  7. m.oreilly

m.oreilly Registered Member

i was attempting to sell nod32 to the office manager/business owners. i have to now remove the trial versions from all of our machines (i went on holiday after installing the trials). i can no longer recommend any eset product after this. man, this is really rough...

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

When someone is interested in evaluating ESET's products in a corporate environment, they should contact the sales department of their local distributor and they will issue them a temporary full license along with a license key to activate ESET Remote Administrator, as stated here: http://www.eset.com/download/business.php

The trial version avaliable on the web is intended mainly for home users who install it on a single computer.

9. helenab

helenab Registered Member

Me thinks that people able to solve the problem are on holiday. The same occurred around Xmas, and the answer from ESET was the same : pay your licence :doubt: That's quite shocking, since ESET seems to pretend that we all are hackers and doing piracy.

I just solved the problem : I disinstalled NOD32 despite the fact that my licence will expire in 3 months, and changed for another antivirus.

To my knowledge, ESET is the only antivirus provider whose lack of information and care leads to a loss of consumers, the latter being simply fed up, angry and afraid.

I will never come back to ESET again, whatever the solution they will apply (or not) to the present problem.

10. niceTyp

niceTyp Registered Member

Yes I think also it is the best solution to change AV Software. Nod32 is a very fast scanner but not very usefull if you can't update the Virus Defintion over 2 Weeks a other Problem is also that ESET include new Virus signature very slow I send some samples 3 or 4 weeks and nothing happend.

11. Marcos

We have never communicated in such an offensive way with our clients. Please PM me the email you received where we were telling that or an official statement somewhere on the web, but I'm quite sure we never said something like "purchase a license or you won't update".

V3 users have been updating their products fine; there might have been some delays during the first 2 days due to a large update for v2 users, however. V2 users might have been delayed during the first 4 days, but it doesn't mean they wouldn't have updated at all, it simply took a couple of attempts to download it.

V3 trial users are equal to paying users in terms of the availability of updates. In the event of a large update, V2 users may not receive updates immediately, but after several attempts they should eventually download it (this should be accomplished automatically by the update task without the need to click the Update now button manually).

As I have said, we have taken precautions to prevent delays from occuring in the future. The growing number of people upgrading to v3 which downloads small updates will also mitigate the situation in the event of large base updates.

12. Marcos

V2 users should update fine now. I'll need you to export your ESET registry key and convey it to me so that I can try to replicate the problem with your configuration. I'll PM you further instructions.

13. distroyer

distroyer Registered Member

Is there a way to manually download the update from anywhere and install it on our systemo_O

14. Biscuit

What about Nod32 v2.7 Trial version which simply will not update?

15. richo

richo Registered Member

I have some sympathy for ESET. I have no doubt that a lot of work has gone into version 3, with a large number of people simply prefering to stay with the previous version. However, the current strategy of trying to force people to upgrage is simply leading to anger & a move to other antivirus solutions.
    While ESET states that users can use either the paid versions of version 2.7 or 3, their website also states that it expects users have trialled their software prior purchase. Not a realistic oftion if you want to purchase & use version 2.7.

Somehow I feel this is a crude, yet effective way of addressing the piracy problem. NOD32 is a good product, but the current approach will lead many users will look elsewhere.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  16. piranha

piranha Registered Member

I think it is Marcos who explain this........ trial users have low priority for update, registered users have normal priority

17. Biscuit

From my experience for the past 2 weeks, v2.7 trial users simply cannot update at all. That's not low priority, that means the trial update servers are shut down, or all v2.7 trial versions are being blocked.

I wonder which is the answer?

18. doctormac

doctormac Registered Member

Well ... this update problem is REALLY a pain in the ... (you know what!)

Believe it or not, there are still millions upon millions of folk who still use Windows 98 and can't afford to buy new PC's or purchase WinXP.

Therefore, these users (like myslef) cannot upgrade to Nod32 version 3 - we have to stick to v. 2.7.

I have heard excellent reports about Nod32 so downloaded the trial version to see how it went. I was fully prepared to then purchase a full licence.

However, with the present debacle, I'm going to start looking elsewhere. I'm sure there are some very good AV's out there that still cater for us Win98 users.

Sorry Nod32 ... looks like it's going to be ... GOOD-BYE!

Dr. Mac

19. Marcos

Hi Dr.Mac,
    I have sent you a PM with further instructions. Please send me the file I've asked for so that we can check your update parameters and make sure they are configured properly. V3 nor paying v2 users should not have problems updating NOD32 automatically, even manual attempts should work at the first try.

regards,

Marcos

20. piranha

~removed quote of removed post....Bubba~it works well here, nod update automatically to 3338 after booting (v2.70.39)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2008
  21. m.oreilly

will a v3 license work for v2? sorry if this has been covered...

22. piranha

yes, your ID and PW will works for both v2 and v3

23. m.oreilly

thanks man :thumb:

24. doctormac

doctormac Registered Member

Re: Post above from Marcos

Thanks Marcos

I got your PM and have sent you an e-mail with attached registry files.

Dr. Mac

25. mantra

mantra Registered Member

i click on the update (20 times) and after some days , nod32 update 1 big file

yesterday stops to update again

but does the server problems be solved?
    or there are again servers problems?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.