Unable to Push Eset To Vista

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by BeauFla, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeauFla

BeauFla Registered Member

Been racking my brain on this for a while. I do not seem to be able to do a push install to a vista Business machine. Looking for any help possible.

Background:

Server: Windows 2008 x64
    ESET RAC v. 2.0.110
    ESET RAS v. 2.0.110

Package Being Pushed: NOD32 v3 32bit
    *Freshly created package.
    *Created from fresh download from ESET (From within the package editor)

Target System: Windows Vista Business 32bit

Background:

I am able to push the install package from our old ESET RAC on a W2K machine but not from the new console on the W2K8 machine. So it would seem that there isnot be any problem with the target system but with a coinfiguration setting on the new console. I have even gone as far as uninstalling and reinstalling ESET RAC and RAS.

Here is a copy of the error text when i run a diagnostics afdter the installation fails.

Get Info Diagnostics, server: NETSERVE, user: Administrator
    Setting IPC$ Connection Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Reading (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.)
    Remote Install Diagnostics, server: NETSERVE, user: Administrator
    Setting ADMIN$ Connection Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Copying ESET Installer Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Setting IPC$ Connection Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Registering ESET Installer as a Service Result Code: 5 (Access is denied.)

i am not sure why there would be an access denied error since i am using the Domain Admin account. Also, the old RAC is using the sa,e credentials. I can't verify this because i don not know where to verify the information being used on the old RAC/RAS. On the new one i am prompted for installation credentials -- I use domain admin credentials but it still errors out - so there should not be any access issues.

I am not sure if the issue is due to a missing file as indicated in the first error or is a credentials issue. It should not be a credential issue as the DA is being used and the push from the old RAC completes successfullly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. spm

spm Registered Member

The diagnostics suggest two issues...

1. For the first (Remote Registry Opening error), you need to ensure the Remote Registry service is running on the client. I configure the service to start automatically on all domain clients using Group Policy.

2. For the second (Registering ESET Installer error), try the workaround suggested by the Eset KB article here. Yes, I know it refers to Win2000 clients, but it worked for us here.

3. BeauFla

BeauFla Registered Member

Excellent! Thank you very much. The work around seems to have worked. I figured it was a permissions issue. I had gone through every configuration setting available in RAC. I even "completely" uninstalled all ESET products from the system to verify there were no ghosted config settings gumming up the works. But, I could not find the credentials causing the problem.

You would think that when installation credentials are requested that those credentials would be used for all aspects of the installation. Would not have though to check the service credentials. I have saved the work around for future use.

Thanks again. :D

Beau

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.