Program like WinClone on Linux?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by dogma, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogma

dogma Registered Member

hi all

Are there any linux distros/software combinations that you can image a Windows installation to restore at any time like WinClone for Mac? (I use Winclone on my Mac and thinking of using linux to image windows on my laptop like I do on my MacBook)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I have used this with good results on both Linux and Win:

http://www.clonezilla.org/

You can make and restore images of Linux and Win, either partitions or entire HDs. Seems to work well.

3. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

I've been using CloneZilla Live for about a week now and it works great. Better than Ghost by a long shot. Does both Linux (ext 3) and XP without a hitch. Usually Ghost slightly corrupts an XP restore causing the Hardware Wizard to request a reboot after the initial install but with CloneZilla I have no such problem. Like I said...it works great...and it's free. I haven't tried Vista with CloneZilla yet but probably will during the coming week. Before anyone wonders...I switched back to XP from Vista recently because Vista was continually eating up my free hard drive space with God knows what info. I'm not short on hard drive space but jezz...enough already. The speed increase between XP and Vista is very noticeable. I'm pleased.

4. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

CloneZilla works with Vista (32 bit) as well. Great application. I'm impressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.