My ActiveX installer for my java chat no longer loads after Spywareblaster..

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by socom1, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. socom1

socom1 Registered Member

Yes, Spywareblaster works great. Too great in fact.. lol.

My legitimate Verisign ActiveX Installer for my ConferenceRoom Java Chat Fails to load. No box to install appears, because somehow Spywareblaster is preventing this.

This is all I get now after running Spywareblaster:

http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0903/pseudo/chat.gif

My Java newsclicker no longer works as well... o_O

My Chat: http://flash.to/matrix

I've tried reversing the kill-bits to the "unprotected state" by deselecting all, thus rendering myself susceptible for ActiveX's.

No success...

I've tried reinstalling Internet Explorer right clicking IE.INI and clicking "install" with my XP CD in drive.

No success...

I've tried everything short of reformatting. o_O I'm sure it's just one registry key that was modified that's causing this anomaly.. Please help me isolate and repair.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi socom1,

In SpywareBlaster under Tools > Flash Killer
    Did you put a checkmark there. If so remove that one and try again.

Regards,

Pieter

3. socom1

socom1 Registered Member

No, I didn't put a check there to disable flash at all... In fact, I WANT flash to run on my machine. Thanks for trying to help, tho.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Just turn off all the SpywareBlaster protections... Everything it sets can be undone by it. If turning it all off doesn't fix it, then it is something else.

Edit: Ah, I see you tried turning it off already. But, as I say, if turning it off doesn't fix it then it isn't SpywareBlaster blocking it. Did you run Spybot's Immunize perhaps or another product at the same time?

[​IMG]

5. socom1

socom1 Registered Member

Yes, i did, but I didn't remember what I immunized. I've since deleted spybot search&destroy, also. From what I can tell, Spybot has basically the same killbit settings as Spywareblaster, but fewer of them. Obviously. Am I correct in this assumption?

6. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

You are correct in that assumption, but I think Spybot has a few that are not in SpywareBlaster.

Regards,

Pieter

7. socom1

socom1 Registered Member

I have some services disabled in Computer Management, but I doubt it could have an impact on Java running and downloading applets.

..I just hate to reformat my computer. It takes me 2 days because I have so much software. 38 cd's of mp3's and .jpg's. 32Gig's in all. lol :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.