TrueCrypt forum login issues.

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Justin Troutman, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin Troutman

Justin Troutman Cryptography Expert

Some time ago, nearly a month, the TrueCrypt forums were down. Prior to that, I had no trouble logging in. However, after the forums returned to normal, I was unable to log in. I proceeded to reset my password, to see if that would solve the problem, but after numerous attempts, I've yet to receive the automated e-mail. At this point, I attempted to contact the forum administrators, from numerous e-mail addresses, but I've yet to receive any reply.

So, now, I ask y'all: Has anyone else experienced difficulties with logging in, receiving the automated e-mail, et cetera? As I enjoy participating in discussions at the TrueCrypt forums, I would appreciate anyone's input regarding this, if it's, in fact, a global issue.

Cheers in advance!

2. caspian

caspian Registered Member

That's odd. Has this been resolved yet?

3. Justin Troutman

Not yet.

Unfortunately not. At this point, someone starting a thread, or contacting the administrators, on my behalf, might be the only way to bring it to light. I'm still thinking of potential methods of getting ahold of them, though. Thanks for asking!

4. Hillsboro

Hillsboro Registered Member

Hello Justin, I have been able to logon during the past 2 weeks without problem including a minutes ago when i saw your post here. Would you like me to PM the admin on your behalf to advise them of your problem?

5. Justin Troutman

Cheers!

I would be much obliged if you could pass it on to them.

To be clear, I am able to log in, but I'm unable to post or send PMs, as this requires having received the confirmation and account activation e-mail.

I really appreciate it!

6. KookyMan

KookyMan Registered Member

Hey Justin. Just noticed a couple days ago that you had appeared to "Go Silent".

I thought perhaps you had gotten the restaurant started. I've been having problems for a month, but different ones. I've run into problems posting messages, once I hit the Submit, the browser just spins its wheels...finally timing out to a blank page. I IM'ed an admin about it, and they said they would investigate it. Hasn't happened since, but I've noticed that the forums are down. Again.

I'm almost ready to start my own TC Forum for users, less restrictions, more freedom to discuss. I hate the conflicting rule of "You can talk about general security" but you "can't advertise." As you're well aware, TC isn't the solution to every problem, but if you suggest a solution it could be considered advertising. (My example was IronKey for a solution that needed: Computer Independent[No Installs], Win OS Only, No Admin Privleges)

Got deleted because I recommended IronKey, and as it is a commercial product it was considered advertising.

7. Hillsboro

Hillsboro Registered Member

Re: Cheers!

The forum is down right now. I will keep trying and PM you here once I have am able to log on and message a admin. I didn't try email as you indicated you already gone the route. In the four years I have been going there it seems they have had more problems than usual over the past six month with keeping the forum online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.