TI 11 Shell Extension Causes Explorer Crash

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ktoliver, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ktoliver

ktoliver Registered Member

Whenever I right click on a desktop icon or a file folder my explorer crashes and the system freezes. I went through a painfull process of uninstalling and reinstalling several programs to no avail. The problem finally went away after uninstalling Acronis; upon reinstall it came back.

I then downloaded ShellExView and disabled the "Acronis True Image Shell Context Menu Extension" (tishell.dll). This resolved the problem.

What is the fix? I would certainly like to have my Acronis running in harmony with my system without having to turn off this extension. Is this extension in any way critical to the program?

Should I post info to support with the extension enabled or disabled?

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ktoliver,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8053) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post (with shell extensions enabled).

Please also collect the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log the way described in this previous post, if possible.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.