ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0.657 released

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Marcos, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0.657 has been released in Czech, Slovak and English. This release contains the following changes:
    · Fixed problem causing problems on certain servers on logoff

· Improved stability for users of Microsoft Windows Mail

· Fixed issue with deleting email from a POP3 server

· Fixed incompatibility with PC Translator software

Licensed users can download their registered versions here from the Download section of ESET's web site.

Trial versions and versions in other languages will be available later.

Regards,

Marcos

2. acooldozen

acooldozen Registered Member

Nothing listed under download or manual??

Attached Files:

3. acooldozen

acooldozen Registered Member

Sorry Marcos..tried the link at least 8-10 times previously. After posting I clicked again on your link and it worked fine. SAgain, My apologies!

4. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Looks fine to me. Click on the link to download.

5. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

Yay another one to test. :thumb:

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

So if I'm not experiencing any issues should I change from 3.0.650?

7. GAN

GAN Registered Member

The following is fixed in 3.0.657 as well:

- Fixed problem causing system instability on Microsoft Windows Server platform
    - Fixed issue with incorrect message statistics in Antispam module

If you don't have any problems and the fixed bugs is not important to you then why be the first to upgrade. New versions could contain new bugs so if 3.0.650 is working fine then let other people find out if the new version is working ok before you do. "If it works don't fix it"....i guess that's the safest approach:)

I been using 3.0.650 for a while now without any problems so didn't really have a good reason to upgrade, but i did it anyway since i figured going back to 3.0.650 is fast and easy. The upgrade worked fine without any issues at all and didn't even have to reboot. Even if i did the upgrade right away i still think the best thing to do is to wait for a while and not install a brand new version and be the first to find bugs (if any) as long as you have no good reason to upgrade.

Regards
    Gan

8. zer0l0gic

zer0l0gic Registered Member

Hmm. Don't know if I need to get this new version. None of the fixes affect me.

So I would be interested to hear if anyone finds any other undocumented fixes or improvements.

:D

9. poutine

poutine Registered Member

I'll wait for mine to auto update.. might happen. Dont laugh !!! :D

10. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Like my signature suggests, "If it ain't broke don't fix it". I finally got a version 3 that is a keeper in build .650 so I'm leaving well enough alone. None of the improvements in .657 apply to me anyway. :)

11. gojj

gojj Registered Member

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

13. techie007

techie007 Registered Member

I've installed it on about 50 computers, and so far 5 or 6 of them have started locking up every 15-20 min and hanging explorer on reboots (after a hard-off power cycle). These were all running .650 previously.

We have to disable the Eset services to get them up and running stable.

These were almost all in-place upgrades, done via Group Policy. So the next step will be to do a full uninstall, folder clean and reinstall of .657 on them to see if that fixes it, if not, back to .650 for everyone.

These are all XP desktops, except one Vista. The servers, and couple dozen other desktops it has been installed on are running fine so far (knock on wood).

14. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It should suffice to update the clients (the Antivirus and antispyware scanner module should be at v. 1115 (20080522) and restart the computers. Alternatively cleaning the ThreatSense cache would help.

15. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

I've installed on a dozen PC's including mine and a server & so far it seems more stable. The new MSI doesn't seem to force a reboot after it upgrades from 2.7 like the old one did, so users are left w/out realtime until a reboot - though perhaps this is something I'm doing? 480 other PC's rebooted with the old 650 MSI though.

Seems a little quicker. Nice that it doesn't require a reboot to go from 650 to 657.

16. mps_surcouf

mps_surcouf Registered Member

edwin3333

are you saying that even if you select force reboot in the package editor it doesn't reboot.

ie /qn REBOOT="Force"

I have some 2.7 clients to update and your experience would be very useful.

Thanks

Mike

17. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

This appears to be an abnormal happening. Looks like it was only one of my PC's didn't reboot. One I was keeping an eye on in the RA. Infact, NOD32 3.0.650 doesn't show up in add remove programs and it warns that it is not protecting the PC. Though the GUI and ekrnl are running.

I'm guessing this person rebooted midway through my install.

Remote reinstall/removal fails via the RA. I had to login as admin and kill ekrn.exe and the tray icon then right click the MSI and INSTALL. Without doing that, it says the MSI is possibly corrupt (it isn't.)

Anyway, doesn't seem to be the problem I thought initially.

18. mrbrimi

mrbrimi Registered Member

Am running v 657 on XP SP3 and experiencing same lockup problem with ekrnl running at 99%, cannot access computer without disabling EAV. So basically my computer is useless with real time protection running.

I did a clean install removing all Eset folders and still have the problem.

19. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

As far as I can see, .657 is a minor update, and for the grief it's causing I would revert back to .650 and forget .657.

20. mrbrimi

Appears that EAV 657 is doing a COMPLETE scan of ALL files on system startup with ekrn.exe hogging all the CPU time.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of 650 so can't revert.

21. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I'm sure it's on the customer download page.

22. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Download the trial version from ESET's web-site and install it . During installation , just enter your unique UN and PW and you'll have full version 3.0.650

23. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Hmmm
    I deicded to update my 650 to 657, it not only reset the virus database back to 23/4/08 but now it refuses to update on it own. :rolleyes:

24. mrbrimi

Have reverted back to v3.0.650 using default settings and my problems have been "cured".

Thanks HiTech_Boy for suggesting the trial version.

25. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

I had same problem on one of my pc, upgrading from 642 to 650. Solution was to delete virus database cache and to launch a manual update. Afterwards, everything were OK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.