How to import NOD32 (ver3) config from xml file by command line/script?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by rostikum, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rostikum

rostikum Registered Member

Hi, all, currently deciding if NOD32 will work for our infrastructure... so here is the situation- we have 4000 PCs in 5 domains and some standalone PCs, 20 sites etc. We want policy based installation and configuration for AV - have no administration time to use RA to configure clients (we are university so we have lots of changes done by many people) and also we have some "frozen" PCs which go back to the same snapshot after restart, so there is no point to run configuration tasks from admin console. Shame, but RA doesn't have policy-based configuration of the clients.

We want to have few update location and many configurations. We don't do any manual configuration - no resources - all should work automatically once AV installed it should apply right configuration to itself. Also we would like to keep configurations in one place which should automatically apply to all PCs in the group based on location, domain etc...

The idea is to create number of configuration files and force client re-configuration on startup. The only way I see is to run script to import xml config file from the file share. This will make kind of policy based management of NOD32 client (supposed to be done by ESET in the first place when they called their product "corporate version").

Now, spend one day searching for info... frustrating, nothing. There is ecmd.exe file which theoretically should do that - but no info!

If somebody knows how to import config file from command line - please let me know. Or may be some other ideas ho to make automatic configuration - will be very appreciated.

Funny... ESET is the best antivirus program with worse corporate admin tools and with worse documentation. I've got most frustrating experience trying to make it work in complex environment... It is fine for 50 PCs with the same image of course :)

Thanks!

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  2. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

Agreed. In other products I can setup a policy and it is enforced. In Nod, it pushes the settings and assumes the PC stays that way. But if someone does a system restore or Ghost, then my recent changes are not on that PC and I don't know it.

Need to have a way in the RA to have the workstations make sure they are running the proper config as per the server for cases like this.

You can mess with HKLM/Software/Eset and regedit /s that, but it's a nasty way of managing it.

3. rostikum

rostikum Registered Member

Thanks, edwin3333, that is exactly what I wanted to try.

4. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

You forgot the bad support, if there is even any ^^

5. mayt

mayt Eset Staff Account

Next version of ERA will have policy-based configuration along with notification manager. It is due in Q3/2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.