Europe version has license server American version NOT WHY?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremyotten, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Why do we Europeans must have this License server versioned TrueImage Echo when in the states they just keep it simple.....

WHY?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jeremyotten,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that that is required by Acronis Licensing Policy.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

this is just a too short answer. Why in Europe we have too and in the US not.
    I just want to know the reason... not that its policy

4. RoSt

RoSt Registered Member

I'm bumping this thread to get a real answer out of the Acronis support (they have not answered on technical support). See thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=218907 for more information.

Bottom line: The implementation of the licensing server in the bootable rescue agent is done in a dumb way as it requires screen and keyboard on the client to select the licensing server to use. Of course, this dialog is only displayed in the European version, not the American.

I would like to have this fixed or to be able to buy the American version, without the licensing server part!

/ RoSt

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

6. Martinez

Martinez Registered Member

It's very good question. I also would like to know why there is two kind of version with or without License Server. In my opinion each customer should have choose between version he would like to use. Of course LS is usefull in large networks but many customers buy only 1 license of Workstation or Enterprise and they discover that for booting from rescue media the should have LS in network on other PC to run full version. Acronis Team - please stop avoiding the answer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.