MSN Live Messenger configuration

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Alith, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alith

Alith Registered Member

I just installed the latest version 8 of windows live messenger and there is an
    option under file transfer to scan with antivirus software.

Scan for viruses using: then I have to browse and point to my antivirus software. Which exe is it that I should point to?

I believe egui.exe is for the interface, right?
    I thought it would be ekrn.exe Is this correct?

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

Open Windows Live Messenger (Start → All Programs → Windows Live Messenger).
    Click Tools → Options and then click File Transfer from the menu on the left.
    Select the Scan files for viruses using option. Directly below this option, add the directory path to the ecls.exe file. At the end of the path, you can also add logging and cleaning parameters, if desired. The path should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ecls.exe" --log-file=log.txt --action=clean
    NOTE: If you are using ESET Smart Security the correct directory path is "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ecls.exe" --logfile=log.txt --action=clean

3. Alith

Alith Registered Member

Hi Proactivelover,

Thank you for your assistance. I put the file path as you instructed. This is the exe for on demand scan, yes? If I don't use any parameters at the end of path, what will Nod32 do if it detects a virus? If I want it to notify me and let me choose what to do with it, what would the parameters be? I know very little about command lines etc Can I copy and paste the parameters from what you post?

4. piranha

piranha Registered Member

5. Alith

Alith Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.