System Protect

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Yoda1953, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda1953

Yoda1953 Registered Member

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

I've used it, had it installed twice over about a 3 month period. Unfortunately, at least at the default settings, it seemed that it was responsible for causing a problem with windows updates. I kept getting the same IE update over and over again. It was the view of the knowledgeable folk at AumHa forum that system protect was instrumental in causing the problem, and some rather unflattering things were said about it.
    (Mind you the same person said somewhat unflattering things about SAS, too, and wouldn't offer a reason for the view. Think maybe there's some "history", there...)

I've read on the ST forum that for a couple of users, System Protect did stop malware on the system from changing the contents of the protected files. There is no list of files protected available; the user can add folders to be protected. I've also read that it's no longer under active development.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

As far as I can see, it protects only folders and files, not a complete harddisk, like "D:\"

4. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Its not an imaging app.,but it automatically protects all Windows system files , programs, documents and files from accidental or unauthorized deletion,in other words the important contents of "c"-or so it claims

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Then I don't need it, I have that already. Thanks. :)

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

Their database contains more than 40,000 plus files as per web site. But

Where are these files stored at ? their server or end user's workstation ?

If it utilizes community-style approach, users should be informed and users' consent should be given. The vendor is very much VAGUE in this regard.

On its FAQ section at web site, "System Defender" term is used on several titles, rather than System Protect. Confusing .

I got a very cold feet after reading its web site info.

Hoping some one can emerge to clarify its position and clear muddy air.

7. Yoda1953

Yoda1953 Registered Member

I concur, very VAGUE indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.