Vista SP1 and VistaPe

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dbknox, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

When I made a BartPe a quite while ago we had to either have SP2 slip graded or have an XP installation disk with SP2 included to make the BartPe.
    Will we have to remake VistaPE all over again once we install SP1 in Vista slip grading Vista with SP1?

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

You can continue to use your current build of VistaPE even if you upgrade your PC to Vista SP1. Remember that VistaPE even works on Windows XP boxes.

From what I've read on the VistaPE forum, VistaPE version 12 is being designed to support Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 code so yes, you can rebuild VistaPE to incorporate the SP1 changes if you so decide. Doing so will give you access to a bigger database of device drivers, about twice as many as are currently available in the original build of Vista.

3. mustang

mustang Developer

There is no need to make the VistaPE CD over again. I have been making VistaPE version 11.0 CD's on a machine with SP1 installed. There is no problem as long as you continue to use the WAIK for pre SP1. I tried upgrading the WAIK to the new SP1 version. This caused serious problems with VistaPE version 11.0. We will have to wait for VistaPE version 12.0 before the new SP1 WAIK will work.

4. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

k0lo and mustang thanks kindly for that information.
    I just finished making the VistaPe about three months ago and if you remember Mustang, I almost had to be lead by the hand to completion. I was not looking forward to remaking a new VistaPe.
    VistaPe would be a lot easier if one has access to highspeed, but Dial-up was a real pain.
    Again thanks guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.