EQSecure V4 Beta, Morc calling Orson, come in Solcroft

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Kees1958, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hi,

Emmpe was so kind to attend us on the new beta:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1194810&postcount=74

Tried to install, but English language file did not came up, noticed that Solcroft is now an offical EQS translator :)thumb: ), could not get it to work but could figure out these new features:

A) A Sandbox YES! ("IDS_SANDBOX" Value="任务隔离区" )
    B) Inter process messaging control (IDS_MESSAGE_TYPE" Value="消息类型")
    C) Hiding files ("IDS_HIDE_FILE" Value="隐藏文件")
    D) Several extra features (like low level disk READ access, READ Virtual memory, ect)

So the best freeware classical HIPS is only getting better (Easter be happy, Aigle I kicked out Comodo again due to "Explorer" problems, system frooze in boot process after problem Explorer, unable to do anything, because I cleaned up old images next day problem occurs, have no virtual memory so could not provide Comodo with windows dump info or do any problem tracing myself).

Maybe Solcroft could explain on EQS.

Regards Kees

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  2. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Awesome. Hope that Solcroft comes here and answer asap.

EDIT1: You don't even have to install this HIPS just extract zip file :D :D :D

EDIT2: There is en.zip file in LANG folder but after extracting and moving to right place EQSecure didn't start correctly.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  3. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

I'll get on this later. I just moved house, so no internet for the next few days or so, possibly weeks, until my ISP decides to get off their arse and connect my line.

Sorry.

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

5. TVH

TVH Registered Member

Finally. Been waiting for an update :) . Bye bye comodo defence + and if the sandbox is effective, its bye bye sandboxIE as well.

6. arran

arran Registered Member

if this new sandbox feature is gonna be as good as sandboxie it would make
    EQSecure an ULTIMATE security product of all time.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am only intersted about Sandbox. IMO sanboxes of HIPS are not as good as they are just policy based with no virtualization that leads to limited finctionality. CFP itself has a sanboxing policy, NG also has a policy similar to that but not the same as a proper Sanbox like SBIE, GW, DW, SafeSpace etc.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

9. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Guys,

I expect the new sandbox feature pf EQS to be as good as the 'run safer' option in Online Armor. This means it is better than Drop my RIghts, because it also drops the rights of any called/spawned child process. It means that is less secure than DefenseWall/GeSWall which also remember the status (admin or limited = trusted or untrusted) of files created by processes with limited rights.

Sandboxie and SafeSpace also have file system virtualisation implying that you can purge changes made by applications running in the sandbox very easily. Returnmil and ShadowDefender and Steady state also offer complete disk virtualisation from all aps.

A good policy sandbox (DefenseWall) is as effective as a good application based virtualisation program (SafeSpace). Policy sandbox (GW/DW) is easier to use in normal usage, an application based virtualisation sandbox (SB/SS) has a clearer reverse modus (simply allow or purge ALL). So it is up your preference,

Disk virtualisations are an extended security mechanism: I can understand that some people use DW/GW + Returnil/PowerShadow to benefit both from the ease of use (normal surfing with policy sandbox) and purging of all changes by all programs by disk virtualisation sandbox. I cannot understand people who use GW + Sandboxie (both application based protection) or Sandboxie and Returnil (both have ease of use of purging the virtual sandbox)

Regards Kees

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I can,t make it work in English as well. I selected english and applied but english translation is not working.

11. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

Same thing here. I'm not even able to register to their forum.

12. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I was able to register but could never login.

13. arran

arran Registered Member

maybe they have done it on purpose so as only a few selected chinese people can test the beta.:p

I guess you guys will just have to have patience and wait untill the new final
    version comes out.

14. baerzake

baerzake Registered Member

EQ4.0 still has some bug need to fix such as BSOD, so you all need more patience to wait for the final.
    to the sandbox of EQ, I can say the only thing is that the sandbox use virtualization as well as sandboxie, but still has some problems need to resolve.

15. TVH

TVH Registered Member

Well im definatley prepared to wait. :)

16. aigle

aigle Registered Member

That will be great indeed. Does the sandbox has some pre-coded default rules or u have to make rules urself?

17. baerzake

in fact it not need to make rules. I think it is a another sandboxie.
    see the pic

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      63.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      34.4 KB
      Views:
    • Snap1.jpg
      Snap1.jpg
      File size:
      53.6 KB
      Views:
  18. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Oh man, hurry up and let us get to this new puppy.

I can't type right now because i'm massive hemmoraging from the anticipation!

Return again soon with some comments but i'm off to stick my nose in thier forums right now. :argh:

19. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Is it correct that you need 3.41 installed first...then you over-write EQSecure folder in Program Files with this beta before you can get it to run correctly? I tried to follow the beta thread at EQSecure forum but the translation from Chinese left something to be desired.

Later...

20. baerzake

EQ4.0 also add some new future sach as "Inter process messaging control " and "protected COM interface". I think it is a Combination of comodo D+ and sandboxie?
    let's waitting for the finnal.

21. baerzake

yes. you need 3.41 installed first, then you over-write EQSecure folder in Program Files with this beta, and most important is you need reboot your system.

22. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Speechless :D

After i calm down from this initial shock (Gotta Luv it LoL) might wet myself if they don't get this baby final soon.

I hope they know this is MAJOR BIG NEWS! for many of us, been biting nails awaiting next version, this has to gonna be something to really take serious now.

YIPEE!

23. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

Absolutely, there's no doubts about that.

24. Gizzy

Gizzy Registered Member

Sounds great so far :D ,

I only recently started using EQSecure I'll be waiting for this version to come out of beta before I try it though.

25. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Third time is a Charm. First two times connection went P00F for whatever in middle of D/L, surprisingly 3rd trip was zippier then i would normally expect.

Yes we can be sure they are working out remaining issues but has anyone seen the LIST! of enhancements/improvements on top of this new sandbox feature?

Makes sense now why such a delay doesn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.