Solved error E0007004

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by philmoune, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philmoune

philmoune Registered Member

Hi,

I thought I'd share this as it might be useful to some of you.

I've been using TI since version 8, after stepping to Ghost, drive Image, Paragon, etc. and apart from the famous Backup Location with NAS issue I suppose everything was running smoothly with V11 8253.

Last week I change my MB from ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe to MSI P35 NEO2FR with Intel Core 2 Duo, which went well, apparently...

I only do backups once a week on Saturdays, using Windows XP taks manager and for the first time since long I realised there has been a problem : the backup had stopped after 10 mns with Error E0007004.

I spent a long time trying to re-intall TI 11, reading many posts here and everywhere, applying tons of patches from MS and others for TCPIP, Security, Hardware, etc. I even tried to re-intall Paragon and StorageCraft products with the same poor results.
    I also tried all the Acronis suggestions on limiting the network bandwith, disk speed... no change.

Then I remembered that years ago I had a network problem with an integrated network interface so I decided to disable my new MB integrated Realtek NIC which I replaced by a very cheap Realtek Fast Ethernet card.

Well this was it! things are back to normal. The reason why the cause of the problem was hard to identify is that the XP event viewer would not show any alert even when copying huge file (12GB) to and from the NAS, it's only when using Imaging software that I spotted some "3019 MRXSMB" errors.

I hope it saves time to some of you.

Cheers!

2. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

Thanks philmoune for taking the time and effort to share this with us. Hopefully it will come handy in the future for some of us. Cheers :)

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello philmoune,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Sharing your experience is very much appreciated.

If you have any further experience to share, please feel free to post it on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. philmoune

philmoune Registered Member

Thanks Marat,

I've made some more progress with the integrated Realtek NIC, it now works with the latest driver from realtek v5.686.
    No more MRXSMB or 40003 and 80070040 errors on using TI 11...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.