Question about on demand scanning and threat alerts

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Diokan, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diokan

Diokan Registered Member

Hello,

I recently downloaded the new NOD32 3.0.621 as I've finally had it with Norton. I'm currently in the 30 day trial period and so far, so good, but one question:

Before I went to bed last night I started an on demand scan. It found a file it thought was a trojan. However, the scan stopped and awaited my command before it continued. The result is that this morning (~8 hours later) the scan was only 30% done, and I had to click "Delete" so it could continue.

How do I make the scanner log its suspicions (maybe quarantine but not delete) and continue to scan so I can completely scan overnight? The Eset site had a faq that looked like it solved the problem ("Run NOD32 with minimal user intervention"), but the UI they showed is not like mine at all (maybe a previous version?).

Thanks-

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello and Welcome!

You have some options.

Option 1) Edit the on-demand scanner so that it automatically handles all the infected threats
    Open the GUI (user inteface) , press F5 so that you open Advanced Setup Tree , navigate to On-demand scanner options , press the Setup button and turn the slider to 2 Strict cleaning. This will automatically take actions but will only prompt if EAV has found something with its unique advanced heuristics.

079.gif

Option 2) Whenever you want to run a scan without cleaning and you take actions manually after the scan , use not "Standart scan" option but instead Custom scan

Check it use "In-depth scan" profile , you manually check what you want to scan , check "no cleaning" option and let it scan

117.gif

3. Diokan

Diokan Registered Member

Thanks. That's what I was looking for!

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.