Restore impossible : Disabling IRQ #20

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Oufti, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oufti

Oufti Registered Member

Hello,

I'd like recover image create with "True Image V11". When I launch restore from Windows Vista (same problem when I boot on a disk). True Image ask me to reboot, I accept. After reboot, I see : "Acronis Loading" after that "Disabling IRQ #20" after several minutes, I see a long list of error (Error5 can't find /...sda/ ...). I wait again several minutes, Acronis is launched but when I do "restore", I received an error message : "Acronis True Image Is not on your hard drive".

When I reboot and boot on Vista, the 3 hard drive are there and no problem, still working and still with data :)

HArdware :
    E6600
    2Gb
    motherboard : Asus P5W DH Deluxe

Thanks for your help,

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

When you start restore in windows or on the CD, in each case, ATI boots up linux and a version fo ati runs under the linux os. This doesn't for some hardware -- needs diff hardware drivers in linux.

You can contact Acronis Tech Support and they might be able to work out and supply you with a specialized iso file that you can burn to Cd to make a Boot Cd that will work.

Alternatively, you can make a VistaPE disk -- see below.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Oufti,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Please create Windows and Linux System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

4. Oufti

Oufti Registered Member

Hello,

I tried your solution and created the 'VistaPE' boot CD. When I boot, I see the menu when I select 'VistaPE' I have an error message :

Booting 'VistaPE'
    MainLoader /BootMgr
    Error 17 : File not found
    Press any key .... return to menu

What can I check ?

Regards,

5. Oufti

Oufti Registered Member

Via Google I found this, in command line :
    find --set-root /bootmgr
    chainloader /bootmgr
    boot

When I do that I boot on Windows Vista, no change I can't use TI to restore.

With vista, I do a recover, I have to reboot, I boot on the 'VistaPE' I use the same commands (see before) and I boot on Vista again, still can't use TI.

Any idea ?

Regards,

6. Oufti

Oufti Registered Member

Hello,

Still no update to solve this problem without do all this stuff ?

Regards,

7. Acronis Support

Hello Oufti,

Many thanks for your answer.

We can also recommend you to try "acpi=off noapic" workaround described in Acronis Help Post. If this does not help I'm afraid the only thing you can do to resolve the issue is to submit a request for technical support with the attached reports mentioned by Michael. This would let us investigate what drivers are missed and create a Bootable CD you can use to restore successfully.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

8. ericfree

ericfree Registered Member

I am getting the exact same error as the original poster.

I just tried out Acronis True Image for the first time.
    The bootable CD created by ATI works fine on my laptop.

However, on my desktop, I am getting the same "Disabling IRQ#20" error.

And, I have the same motherboard as the original poster:
    Asus P5W DH Deluxe

I am tempted to try updating the BIOS. Do you think that's worth trying?
    I pulled out virtually all devices (USB connected devices and others), and I had the same problem?

Note to Acronis Tech Support -- should I sumbit a formal tech support request?
    BTW, my installed OS is XP, not Vista.

9. Acronis Support

Hello ericfree,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8101) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.