AVG AS Free 7.5.1.43.3339

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Stijnson, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Hi, I have just downloaded and installed this version on a test pc.
    I like the GUI, it's very clear and easy to understand. :thumb:

Two questions though:
    1) Is it right that during the trial period (30-days, according to a text in the GUI) all options can be used (resident shield, automatic updates etc.)?
    What happens after the first 30-days? Do I have to uninstall the program or are some options just no longer available?

2) On my main box at home I have Ad-Aware 1.06 Plus installed+Ad-Watch resident-protection. Will the AVG AS resident shield interfere with this? What is the best option: Turning it off in AVG AS or disabling Ad-Watch?

2. support.grisoft

support.grisoft Grisoft Team

Hi Stijnson,

1/For your first question the answer is that the resident shield and schedules will not be available after 30 days of trial version. The resident protecion is clear and for the second option with schedules, you will have to do updates and tests manually.

2/It is generally not recommended to have more real time protection programs of the same type, as it may block the detection, removal of malware and it may even cause conflicts. So we do not recommend to use two real time protecions at the same time. Which one you decide to switch off is up to you.

Michal Macoun

3. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Hi Michal,
    thanks for your answer. I can see how two resident Anti-spyware programs may get in the way of each other, but is it possible to run a resident AV in combination with a resident anti-spyware?

My AV is NOD32 2.7. Can I run this in combination with the resident shield in AVG for example?
    At the moment I run NOD in combination with Ad-Watch 1.06 (resident shield of Ad-Aware) and I have never encountered any problems.
    I hope you can clarify this matter for me.:)

4. support.grisoft

support.grisoft Grisoft Team

Hi Stijnson,

as we did not test possible conflict between AVG AS and another AV or AS product we cannot guarantee the compatibility. But we can assure you that AVG Anti-Spyware is fully compatible with our AVG Anti-Virus.

Thank you for your understanding.

Karel Stavik

5. kodl

kodl Registered Member

Just a minor comment to the above statement. AVG AS was designed to run well alongside other AV products - it was implemented as an additional security layer extending existing AV protection. So it should work. On the other hand, there is no specific testing with other products than AVG AntiVirus. When AVG AS users have compatibility problems with some other AV product, they can contact technical support and these problems are handled. But there are currently no known compatibility issues (other than the Microsoft OneCare flagging AVG AS as potentially incompatible, which is discussed in a different thread here).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.