ERUNT and NTREGOPT

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by WilliamP, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I downloaded and ran both. It caused a problem with FDISR. It hung ,so I stopped it and restarted. Now The snap shot updating seems ok. Has anyone had this problem?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I don't run either, but if they mess with the registry there can be trouble.

Pete

3. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

I used them both regularly with no problem at all, until last month when I bought TuneUp Utilities 2008... Its registry defrag tool seems as good to me and does not fight with fd-isr neither.

4. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

with both its almost impossible to wrack your system,they are build to be not intrusive,actually they change nothing in registry and system files,use it all the time and sofar no complains.

edit : for a long time with FDISR !

5. WilliamP

I have removed both. I don't want it, if it bothers FDISR.

6. GarySugar

GarySugar Registered Member

I have used ERUNT and NTREGOPT in conjunction with FD-ISR for a year without problems. I only run NTREGOPT on demand, not on startup - maybe that makes a difference.

7. WilliamP

I only ran it one time. I didn't have it set to run at startup.

8. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Tell us about your bad experiences,so we can learn.

9. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Well, it seems you're the first one to experiment a problem of this kind with those two wonder tools.

I sincerely don't want to challenge you on this, but I would be curious to know more about the problem you did experiment, and if it is reproductible.

You see I use to put those two in the same class as FD-ISR when talking safety and reliability, if it can say something about my confidence in them :eek:

Note that ERUNT is evidently less a necessity for us using FD-ISR (just a nice additional safety guard, nonetheless), but NTRegOpt is always as utile when it come to defrag your registry. IMHO

10. WilliamP

This is what happened. I downloaded ERUNT and NTREGOPT and ran both , NTREGOPT first. When I tried to update my secondary snapshot in locked up. It was indicating that it was backing up the desk top and nothing was happening. I stopped it then restarted the update. It completed that time. The desk top didn't make sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.