ACRONIS WARNING!!

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Acadia, Jan 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

It appears that Acronis has taken back a promise that they made to me. I purchased their True Image program sometime in the first week of December and immediately had problems with it; I purchased it after testing the trial version which worked fine. I immediately contacted support and they began working to find a solution. Time dragged on and I became concerned about a refund because you only have 30 days to receive one. I contacted Acronis and they told me not to worry, since I had contacted support within the 30 day period they would refund my money no matter how long it took. Here is a copy/paste from one part of that email: "Please note that we will provide you with a refund, even (after) the 30 days period is expired". (I took the liberty of adding the word "after" which was missing from the email but I assume is what the person meant to type).

Well, with no solution to the problem in sight I contacted Acronis for a refund, it’s now been about 35-40 days and in my email I reminded them of their promise of the refund that they made to me. Well guess what? NO REFUND! I am allowed to go to their web site and pick out another software, but no refund. There is no other Acronis software that I want and after this broken promise I will never purchase another Acronis program again. :mad:

Acadia

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Acadia,

Have you tried to send an email to info@acronis.com ?

Try to do so and tell them again about it, with a copy of that previous email from them in which they told you that you could get a refund.

Cheers, Jan.

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Acadia,

Point them to this thread, as well as the board stats - and invite them to join in ;)

regards.

paul

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thank you Paul, I have done just that. ;)

Acadia

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Acronis is a very decent and solid software company - there's no doubt in my mind this will be solved. Keep us posted ;)

regards.

paul

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Well, you aren’t going to believe this: after all this fuss, I got it to work. :eek: I followed the advice of someone on another tech forum, although someone here may also have suggested it (I’m too lazy to go through the old threads).

I followed the suggestion of simply putting in the Office 2000 Disc2; it worked and when I tried it a second time, it did not ask me for the disk. So I guess all’s well that ends well but I still have three questions and I don’t know if anyone can answer them, especially the third question. First, I still don’t understand why True Image needed the Office 2000 Disc2 in order to make an image. I was making the backup using Acronis not Word or Excel. I’ve used dozens of different software on this almost 5 year old system and never did any of them ask for the Office 2000 Disc2. Second, why did the Trial version make a complete image of my system without needing the Office Disc? Third, Acronis Tech Support had me try several things but this was not one of them; why didn’t they think of this?

I am still perturbed at Acronis for breaking their promise because I was seriously considering purchasing their PartitionExpert when I get my new system in several months but now I think I’m again considering PartitionMagic. :mad:

But I want to thank everyone, FanJ, Paul, etc. for the suggestions and concerns. :)

Acadia

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Acadia,

I'm very happy that's working now for you !!!
    Why not let the Acronis folks know that it is solved ;)

If I'm allowed:
    LowWaterMark already gave that suggestion:

reply # 1 in thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=17453

Quote:

Acadia, one clarification just to be sure of the situation... The error you are getting occurs when you are trying to install the final (purchased) version, correct? It is not that you installed it successfully and now when you actually run TI it pops the warning up each time.

If this is the case, you are right that there is no connection between TI and MS Office, however, there are many issues with the windows installer alerting on previous issues with an Office install. The SpywareBlaster forum has a great many occurrences of this problem. Sometimes the easy solution is to just give the install the requested Office disk when it asks for it. (This has fixed the problem in a few case.)

However, most of the time people have found that they need to deinstall and reinstall MS Office to fix the Office install. You see it isn't TI that is actually causing the problem if this is happening when you are trying to install it. The "installer package" itself is really the problem and very often a MS Office install problem will be found when using the windows installer on other packages.

- end quote -

So let's give LowWaterMark a BIG, well deserved karma-cookie :D

Cheers, Jan.

8. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

FanJ, installing was NEVER the problem; both version 6.0 and 7.0 installed correctly. The problem occurred when attempting to create an image with the already successfully installed True Image. I outlined somewhere in one of the old threads where the errors start happening.

Thank again, and I already thanked LWM (thanks again LWM).

Acadia

9. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Oops, sorry Acadia !!!

10. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

No prob. I'm just happy as all get out to have this thing finally working. :D

Acadia

11. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Cool, great to see it is working now! :)

(Actually reply #5 in that thread was more on point then reply #1 which is quoted above. But in any case, it's just good you have it solved. ;) )

12. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

LWM, I reread reply number 5 more carefully this time. You mention WinXP but I do not even have XP, still using Win98se. But anyway, at least it is working now (famous last words).

Acadia

13. acronis

acronis Acronis Moderator

Sorry for joining the thread so late -- but we're glad to be here to answer questions about Acronis.

I'm here because Acadia was having problems with his refund. (His problem was solved, but the refund question he raised here remains.) I'd like to make our policy clear and offer some help to those having refund problems at this time.

First, let me introduce myself -- I'm Stephen Lawton, the director of marketing for Acronis. YES, we do give refunds within the first 30 days after purchase for users with a proof of purchase. We also will give you a refund if we are working on a problem with you and we go beyond the 30 days. However, we always invite our users to first check out our site and see if there's is something else that they would find useful.

Sometimes it can take a few days to process refunds, so we like to offer an immediate software download instead. If the user can't find what the want, then we provide the refund. This is meant to provide faster service, not to refuse a refund. Customer service is very important to us because happy customers are repeat customers.

For the past several weeks, we've been a little overloaded with email. We've had three major launches in the past six weeks and both our info@ and support@ groups have been receiving quite a bit of email. I do apologize for any delays that users might have experienced. We work very hard to meet our 48-hour response promise to registered users, but lately we've fallen a bit behind.

Also, Acronis works with Digital River and E5 to fill orders purchased from the Acronis Web site. If you purchased products from the Acronis Web site and are having technical problems with the site, please contact Digital River's customer support center at www.digitalriver.com/cs. That site also can help you sort out ordering problems.

Let me make this offer to readers of this forum: if you're not getting the response you expect from our support staff, drop me an email. If nothing else, I'll be able to move the message on to the appropriate person. This doesn't guarantee you'll get an immediate response, but I'll do my best to expedite the process.

Also note that Acronis has various support options. Free support is provided by e-mail. For a fee, users also can get priority telephone support. More details on the fee support are available from sales@acronis.com. You can reach me at stephen.lawton@acronis.com.

Stephen

14. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Stephen,

Warm welcome at the forum !!! :)
    Many thanks for coming here and posting: it is very much appreciated !

Best regards, Jan.

15. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thank you very much for replying however none of this was explained to me when I was simply told to pick out another software program. A customer should not have to ask two or three times for their money back. I would hesitate, and so would probably others hesitate, to do business a second time with a company that makes me feel like I have to twist arms to get a refund; all customers deserve to be treated with more respect than this. Thanks again for responding.

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.