Burn4Free v2.7

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by appster, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appster

appster Registered Member

Burn4Free

Burn4Free is a versatile burner that (as its name suggests) is freeware*. It is multi-lingual and among its many features it supports overburning, which imho is extremely useful.

Top features:
    Burn4Free burn data (CD and DVD) and audio from different files types (WAV, FLAC, WavPack, WMA, M3U (mp3 winamp compilation) , MP3, MP2, MP1 OGG and CDA (normal cd audio tracks))
    Low cost burning : you can burn and dvd copy- backup data - cd with only 2 clicks
    CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD-RW/DVD+RW/DVD-RAM drives (SCSI - IDE/EIDE - USB) are supported
    Multi languages: many languages are available, choose your favorite
    Print Compilation, select layout, colors and items to print
    4 ways to burn your CD/DVD: you can choose the way you prefer to burn a CD/DVD (fly window, right click from explorer, internal add window, derag & drop)
    Burn and save .ISO files
    DVD dual layer support (check Compatibility menu)
    Print Compilation
    Burn MP3 compilation
    Free online upgrades
    Easy Interface
    Easy to use ex: you can store all your movies
    1900+ compatible recorders

* I noticed that this installs some adware (which can be removed).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

User input here - http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Burn4Free/1058031258/1
    Labeled - package *include's* adware on free-codecs, softpedia, tucows. Sophos report.
    *If it'll roll without the flab, maybe good as you note. ;)

Is this the "navhelper" you were able to uninstall Appster - http://www.burn4free.com/faq.htm?
    *As it appear's the developer is doing nothing more than trying to further the project.

Closer inspection suggest's the navexcel component's removal not troublesome. Symantec.
    Overall, a rather feature rich package provided by burn4free's author. :cool:

*The above with a grain of salt. I really don't know one way or another not having dwnlded.

GF

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Re: Burn4Free

Thanks for the heads up about the adware. IMO, just too many truly free burner apps out to bother with this. IMO, free should not have strings... even if the strings can be easily cut. ;)

4. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

When I clicked the link, AntiVIR popped up this notice:

2008-01-03_215756.png

5. appster

appster Registered Member

Before posting this thread, I installed and ran Burn4Free. Only after running this software (burning a few CDs) did I originate this thread. In the original post I noted and reported (in bold type) that there was adware to contend with. However, neither the adware, or anything else within Burn4Free promped NOD32 (my AV) to alert me to the presence of any dangerous, or even for that matter, suspicious malware!

My findings are contrary to the fileforum feedback of the refereced link in post #2. I found the program works as advertised and the adware was easily ignored, bringing about no harm. Then and only then did I start this thread. My only motivation was to bring a capable and free application to your attention, and nothing else. In the end, it's your choice to try it or avoid it.

Happy new year to all,
    appzter

6. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

I tried it as well, and removed the toolbar after installation. I thought the burner had a kludgy interface so I dumped it.

I rarely get many web page alerts from Antivir so I found it unusual that I got one on that page, FP or not. It appears to be this part of the html that triggers the alert:

Code:
     <td align="center" width="100%"><script language="JavaScript" src="http://www.burn4free.com/dynamic/common/cgi-bin/d.exe?htm=j\468x60.htm&ENABLE_JS_DOCUMENT_WRITE=1"></script></td> 

7. david banner

david banner Registered Member

8. david banner

Re: Burn4Free

Can you suggest a 'clean' one?
    Agreed

9. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Many member's here agree on CDBurnerXP Pro and ImgBurn David. InfraRecorder may also interest you.

GF

10. david banner

;) ;)

11. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

12. HAN

HAN Registered Member

David: GlobalForce covered CDBurnerXP and InfraRecorder, two of my free favs. The other one is free BurnAware.

I use CDBurnerXP the most (it's pretty flexible) and recommend BurnAware to PCs newbies because the interface is so simple to use. (Note that CDBurnerXP requires .NET Framework 2.0 to be on the PC for it to run. For me, this was no big deal as I already had it.)

13. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Adware... never! ;) But use a different freebie than Burning Studio? One reason for me is that Burning Studio does not offer a full slate of ISO burning options (which is something I needed a couple of months ago.) That said, I own the latest version of Burning Studio 7 and feel it's definitely a good app. For me, MUCH better than Nero!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.