NOD32 v2.7 not updating

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Stijnson, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

I have NOD32 2.7 installed and my latest update is 2759. However, on the NOD32 update site I see that the latest definition file is 2761. Why is my 2.7 not updating (license will expire in June 2008 so this can't be the problem(.
    When I try a manual update NOD states that an update isn't necessary because it is up-to-date.
    Can anyone help me out here?

EDIT: Manual update to 2762 was succesfull a minute ago. Very strange. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might have been?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I personally have no idea . Our v3 update .

But you can try to reinstall . The latest updates you should get after reinstallation are 2762

Edit: You edited your post :D

3. Stijnson

Yeah, like I mentioned the manual update worked. Perhaps the server was busy updating the definitions to 2762 when I first logged on. I'll watch and see what happens the next few days. For now I am up-to-date again.

4. bpk

bpk Registered Member

i cant seem to update mine either. i re-installed the trial version a number of times but it keeps saying update is not necessary and it definitely is because the database i have is from may 2007.

5. Stijnson

Even if you try updating manually? That worked for me. I just hope the next update will be downloaded automatically...

6. bpk

bpk Registered Member

yeah i tried updating manually but it keeps saying update not necessary.
    is there another way i could update it?

7. Eclipse99fwb

Eclipse99fwb Registered Member

If your running the trial version of 2.7, Eset is currently aware of the problem. I know it is effecting the 3.0 trial, so I'm assuming its the same for the 2.7. They are working on fix, this was posted in the 3.0 forum.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , my 2.7 also refused to update at the beginning saying I was up-to-date . I use registered version so I guess they have some server overload or some other issue

9. Eclipse99fwb

Eclipse99fwb Registered Member

might be right, I know I've had severly calls from customers that said it took along time just download the installers. Maybe doing maintence on the servers?

10. Stijnson

@HiTech_boy: When I updated to 2762 last night it was a huge update (about 8 Megs). Did you also receive such a large update?
    Could you please let me know how things go when the next update (2763 and higher) is available?

11. bpk

bpk Registered Member

i cant get mine to update :(

12. anibalin

anibalin Registered Member

same here.
    odd.

13. Stijnson

Do you have a trial version or a licensed one? I've got a license and I was able to update manually yesterday by pushing the Update Now button.
    I haven't had my pc on yet today, so I don't know if automatic updates are working properly again (latest update version is 2763). Perhaps anyone else (who has in fact updated automatically to 2763) can enlighten us?

14. rxtian

rxtian Registered Member

On my three home computers, the auto update stopped working Dec 23rd to Dec.26th. Versions were stuck on 2744, 2749, and 2759 at a time when NOD was currently at 2761.

One computer did update manually, one computer updated manually when I switched servers back and forth, one computer wouldn't update at all.

I'm happy to say, that since last night (Jan 2nd), all three computers are updating automatically once again.

15. Stijnson

Hmmm, this is starting to worry me a bit. I'll see what happens once I get home later on.

16. bpk

bpk Registered Member

i tried all servers and nothing seems to work.

17. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Can we please get an update on this, when this will be fixed?

I had to reinstall XP and v2 after installing has an old signature, and I can't get it to update either for the past day...

THANKS

18. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Try to press "Update now" button a few times till you get the very latest update

19. bpk

bpk Registered Member

sorry but i've tried that numerous times and it does not work

20. thepacingman

thepacingman Registered Member

Same problem here. I'm stuck on 2759. But what i don't like is the message that appears:

"Your version of NOD32 is up to date. No update necessary".

This is very bad to have this appear. Just totally wrong and false. Why not a message along the lines of unable to update at this time, try later.

21. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

None of the servers have updated for 2 days... :(

How could they all be down for this long?

Any word on a fix?

22. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

No, it appears you mis-understood. The servers have been working fine for some(updates fine here) but there have been some reports, not only in this thread but others, where some users are having issues for what ever reason.

Bubba

23. bpk

bpk Registered Member

how long will it take to get fixed?

24. hsobrevilla02

hsobrevilla02 Registered Member

I am experiencing the same thing.
    Why in my NOD32 virus signature shows 2762 while in eset's website( http://www.eset.com/support/updates.php ) it says that the latest is 2764.
    I have been updating manually for COUNTLESS TIMES starting this morning but until now ( almost 7 hours starting 8am, now its 3:30pm ) I cannot update?
    server error? or my NOD32 V2.7installation error(although I had installed this very long time ago)?
    any response from ESET TEAM is HIGHLY APPRECIATED...
    thanks in advance....

25. Stijnson

My NOD32 2.7 seems to be updating fine again. Yesterday it automatically updated to 2763 and 2764. Unfortunately, a lot of other people still seem to have update issues. Perhaps an ESET representative can comment on the problems?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.