Zango

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DavidCo, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

My granddaughter was on cbbc (childrens BBC UK) and Zango toolbar tried to install.
    Nod32 V2.7 terminated the connection:cool: but the installer kept trying (3 times) and Nod kept doing its job.
    I killed the b****** and have added cbbc to blocked sites.

Just a heads up for some:eek:

2. Zango Support

Zango Support Registered Member

In your post you have listed Zango as a threat.
    We would like to correct this listing.

Zango is a safe and secure program which will not harm users’ computer.

We are certainly aware of the ever-growing number of harmful applications that have surfaced on the Web.
    Please be assured that Zango, unlike such applications, will always make the user’s privacy our top priority. Zango is a safe and secure program which installs itself only upon user's download and does nothing without the user's consent.

Following are some clarifications on the function of Zango's software:

1. Zango does not build personal profiles.
    2. Zango does not gather any data you enter in online forms.
    3. Zango does not access any sensitive information entered while surfing, such as account details, passwords, credit card information, products you purchase online, etc.
    4. Zango’s installation does not install any third party applications. In addition, Zango can be installed only through a standard download process initiated by the user from Zango's websites and is easy to uninstall.

Unfortunately, it appears that some scanning applications have mistakenly included Zango on their lists. We are aware of this situation and our legal team is contacting these companies in order to be removed from their lists.

Zango is a user friendly program, and it is of paramount importance to us that our program will function properly and will be easily removed and installed.

To remove Zango from your computer, please do the following:

1. Close all open applications/programs/windows
    2. Go to: 'Start' - 'Settings' - 'Control Panel' - 'Add\Remove Programs'
    3. Click on 'Zango Browser and Wowpapers Tools'
    4. Click 'Change/Remove' button
    5. Check the components you wish to remove, click 'Next' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    6. Restart your computer

Alternatively, you can use our uninstaller:
    1. Click on the following link - http://installs.zango.com/downloads/Uninstaller/Uninstaller.exe
    2. Click 'Run' and follow on-screen instructions
    3. Restart your computer.

Zango support team can be easily contacted through our help site: http://catalog.zango.com/destination/corporate/supportform.aspx
    or directly at: zangosustomersupport@zango.com

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2007
  3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Very interesting ... Why does most AV programs detect your software as Adware ? :rolleyes:

zango_adware_1111.PNG

Since the first day I have been working with computers , Zango is known adware . Should you so aware it is not , this is not the place where you can correct this

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2007
  4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

From EAV's help file

5. DavidCo

The issue that I am raising is that of 'informed choice'.
    The child (6 years, let's say) does not have the knowledge or experience to make an 'informed choice' and, IMO, the BBC (UK) should not be 'foisting' any applications on children.

Security companies (legit) make judgements on what is considered acceptable or not.
    I pay for that.
    That is my choice.

Happy Christmas.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

7. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

I think it would be more informative to the average user if you explained what Zango does, not what it does not do.

Nice avatar Ron.

8. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

Zango... darn that crap. That trash needs to be crucified once & for all.

9. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

I LOLed :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:
    You were so naive to think that your crap would pass unnoticed in a security forum, ROTFLMAO.

10. Seer

Seer Registered Member

This is very nicely put.

I agree.

11. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

I find this very hard to believe.The BBC has got to be one of the most trusted sites.Just exactly how do you find the zango toolbar on Cbeebies :eek:

12. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I had to laugh...180 solutions/Zango is NOT going to get itself off any adware/malware lists any time soon.

The software updates itself without asking permission or advising the end user of the update at the time. This is a clear potential threat vector - based on past performances, why would ANYONE give 180 solutions a breako_O - their track history hasn't exactly been golden....

13. DavidCo

mick92z
    I was just as shocked.
    However when she called me to the PC cbbc was on and the installer was trying its best.
    I searched the browsing history but found nothing else, then I searched all email but nothing there.
    I have flushed all browser cache now and all I have is the threat log.
    But as this includes urls for the download etc I will save a mod the need for a 'snip'

I suppose there are other explanations possible, but I am not a security guru so I will content myself with being a happy NOD user:D
    :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.