An NOD32 transparent protection story, from security obsessed to not worrying...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Matt_Smi, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

This is a story that is not only a testament to the protection and peace of mind that NOD32 gives, but also a reminder that sometime it is nice to step back from obsessing about how secured your computer is and just enjoy it, all the while knowing in the back of your mind you are protected.

I have a somewhat typical story about how I initially became obsessing with locking down my computer, about four years ago my browser got hijacked, I was able to get rid of the hijack, but it left behind this awful virus that would not go away until I did a re-install of windows. I because obsessed with getting the best security software ‘stack”, my primary AV choice was NOD32 and I could not be happier after running it for close to three years now.

After time I became less obsessed with security, I still practiced safe bowing habits, but I did not worry about it as much, though this time NOD32 has never failed me, catching email viruses as well as viruses on “stretchy sites” it updates automatically and scans automatically, plus I have a two year license, I don’t think about it or worry about it and it is great. Sure I still have a few on demand scanners, mainly A2, AVG and ad-aware that I run about once a mouth.

Bottom line is once I stopped obsessing and just letting NOD do its job my computing became more enjoyable and I was less paranoid while still feeling safe online, it is a great thing and I love NOD, I must upgrade to 3.0 as I am still on 2.70, I know shame on me. But I have no had an infection in five years, even since I stopped obsessing about security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.