Slow partition analyze process

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kevinboyer, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevinboyer

kevinboyer Registered Member

Running TI 10.x and DD 10.x, Windows XP, SATA, 2 HD - for some reason, these two products are taking forever to analyze partition information. Not sure why this is so . . . I can use Windows Disk Management Console w/no problems. System seems to be working correctly. Any ideas . . . been using the products for about 6 months now and the slow-ness seems to be a recent problem.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kevinboyer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software.

Please make sure you use the latest builds of the respective products. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Reinstall Acronis drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. barneyz

barneyz Registered Member

Is this problem fixed? My ATI 10.0(latest version) has the same problem, analyzing partition d: forever under Win XP on my new PC:doubt: , also with updated Acronis Drivers.

The demo-version of ATI 11.0 has the same problem.

4. Acronis Support

Hello barneyz,

Please follow the instructions from the previous post, collect the SnapApi log and forward it to our Support Team. We would check it and try to assign you with this issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

5. barneyz

Sry, next problem, when I enable the logging in the installation procedure from SnapAPI.337_s_e.msi, I never got a SnapAPI*.log in any dir on partition C: or any other partition on my system :doubt:

6. Acronis Support

Hello barneyz,

In that case, please submit a request for technical support with the rest of information anyway. Please also make a note about the fact that log couldn't be created.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. barneyz

Ok, I contacted the german acronis support.

Btw, the "AcronisReport.exe" also hangs at "Analyzing Partition D:"

8. barneyz

Re: Slow partition analyze process, solution

I send all needed information to the german Acronis support, but then i never heard anything more :mad:. So yesterday after some hours of searching I found the thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1151449

Switching the service

"distributed link tracking client" =

"Überwachung verteilter Verknüpfungen (Client)"(german WinXP) =

process "TrkWks"

to "manual" or "off" will fix the problem after a reboot of the computer.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.