True Image Echo Enterprise Server - MC

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cmf, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmf

cmf Registered Member

Hi all, and sorry about my little english, i will try to be as much clear as possible.

Recently we wanted to test a newest Echo series, but we get this issue with Managent Console that comes with this Echo series:

Older Agents can not connect with newest MC. We must update to newest Agents. Well not a problem and understandable.

We update one Oldest Agent to begin the test, although the update was successfully, the newest MC hungs up when trying to connect to newest Agent. Nothing happen when connect to newest Agent, only hour glass still twisting in the screen. The only way is to kill the task with task manager.

Connection links seems goes fine, MC can browse clients, if You choose an old one, You get an error. If You put wrong credentials (username/password), You get another error. But nothing happen when connect to newest Agents.
    Oldest MC that comes with True Image Enterprise Server v9.1 can connect to newest Agents without any problem. And ofcourse, can connect perfectly with oldest Agents also.

We are missing something ?

Is the Echo series a must upgrade we need to take into acount?

Thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cmf,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please check that Acronis Remote Agent Service (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services) is Started on the remote machine and its Startup Type is set to Automatic.

Please also try temporarily disabling firewalls on the both systems and check if it solves the problem.

Please also try to use the username and password with local administrator privileges on the remote machine.

If the above workarounds does not help, please remove the ag_fconnect.dll file from the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Agent folder (on the agent machine), reboot the computer and check if the problem persists.

If the issue remains, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post from both computers (please name the files accordingly).

Please make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post on the agent computer.

Please describe your network setup in details.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. cmf

cmf Registered Member

Thanks Marat so much for your quicly reply to this.

Well perhaps puting some lights in my network architecture could help a bit more.

Here all client machines are on a Windows 2000 Domain.

I was used before the Domain Admin account to connect with Agents and MC without any problem, only I need to delete the file just You point me "ag_fconnect.dll".

Newest version of Acronis Echo Series does not come with this file.

The only thing I can try is to used local Admin Account on those client instead of Domain Admin Account.

Let´s see how test goes.

cmf.

4. cmf

cmf Registered Member

Well... no way... ultimate test was failed also.

On clients firewalls are disable, because they are on a secure domain.

Managment Console can browse all clients, but was not posible to connect with any of them.

I was used both local Admin account and Domain Admin account.

Same behaivor, MC freeze with the hours glass spinning only. We close it using taskmanager. We need to kill it in that way.

This behaivor is different when using old MC that comes with ATI 9.1.

We´ll wait for a troubleshooting on this.

cmf.

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Out of interest, did you install the Secure Zone, or did you click on no install ?

Earlier versions of Echo had a problem with the management console connecting if the SZ option was not installed. This had been fixed.

By installing the SZ, I don't mean actually activating and having a physical SZ on the drive, just the installation of the program that creates the SZ.

Colin

6. cmf

cmf Registered Member

bodgy, Hi friend !

Thanks for your reply.

I will take on account that advise. I don´t install SZ on clients, I remember when choosing wich components intalls on agents, i disable SZ, only I checked Agent Component.

I will re-install that Agent (the new with comes with Echo Series for sure), and I will choose to install SZ also.

I will let You knows what happen that time.

Thanks once again for the advice.

cmf.

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

The other thing that comes to mind is that the console uses the following IP address:

239.255.219.45 I forget which ports it uses, may be these are being blocked?

Colin

8. cmf

cmf Registered Member

Thanks so much bodgy once again...

Well, there is not firewall inside the Domain, i mean, no one Client has active any firewall service. So that IP nor any port that could be used by ATI Server or ATI Component are blocked.

I was did the last workaround You let me know in the previous post. Just I re-installed the Agent with the added SZ support, (although I don´t use it on Client´s Agents).

But unafortunatelly doesn´t work anyway.

I will desist from it, and I will re-install back the Agent Version that come with ATI 9.1 package.

Thanks You very much for thoose advice as usuall.

Marry Christmas to All...

cmf.

9. cfreiling

cfreiling Registered Member

Just an FYI

I was having the same problem on a DC in our enviornment, I was able to delete the agfconnect.dll file and rebooted then tried to connect to the server and was successfull.

Thanks for the info...

The specs for the server that was having issues was:
    Model: HP ProLiant DL140
    CPU: 2.4 GHz, Intel P4 Xeon (Hyper-Threaded)
    Memory: 1 gig

10. cmf

cmf Registered Member

cfreiling,

agfconnect.dll is for the old version of the ATI.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

That workaround work fine for ATI v9.1, but ATI 9.5 Echo Series, comes with ag_echo_fconnect.dll file.

Deleting ag_echo_fconnect.dll does not solve the problem.

I´m start thinking the ATI is not mature enough.

Perhaps it´s time to give it a try to Paragon´s stuffs.

11. Acronis Support

Hello cmf,

Could you please clarify if you submitted the support request as suggested in my previous post? If so, could you please let me know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

12. cmf

cmf Registered Member

Ok guys, just an update of this topic...

Yesterday I was installed a fresh Windows XP SP2 on one of the newest box.

When antivirus and OS updates were made I start installing remotelly ATI Echo Agent to see what behaivor arise in that fresh install.

I can´t execute remote install from a MC, it didn´t start installing the Agent.

First intent failed, I check what happen on the newest box, and i notice there is a wrong service wich can´t start, called something like "Acronis Remote Install", that I saw its .exe file installed on the Windows folder. Inspecting the service, it´s has a wrong username and password, so I decide to fix it and re-start the service.

Once service fixed, second try with MC can installed the Remote Agent on that machine and deletes that initial service that i guess first installed on that box.

But, then I can´t connect to the Agent machine with the MC of Echo Series, because a wrong credentials.

First all in the machine was necessary to fix the username and password for thoose services, Remote Agent and Scheduller2 booth from Acronis sure.

The workaround that said must delete the ag_Echo_fconnect.dll file, doesn´t work with MC from ECHO series, but the surprise is with the old MC that comes with ATIES v9.1 I can log in and schedulled task on the newest AGENT ECHO Series without delete any file on the Agent Machine.

Hope this help a bit to this topic.

I will keep it uptodate.

13. cmf

cmf Registered Member

Hello Marat,

sorry I was reply a draft that I started a couple days ago.

Well I don´t submit any support to the support team.

We are currently testing the product, we don´t own the product yet.

Thanks for Your reply.

cmf.

14. Acronis Support

Hello cmf,

We recommend you to submit a request for technical support anyway. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.