Setting up a schedule

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Joliet Jake, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Should the schedule not be created in here? If not, where?

Attached Files:

2. jayt

jayt Registered Member

On the main interface of your GUI where it says Computer Scan, Update, Setup, click on the Tools. Then click on scheduler from the list. You will have to click on ADD and then make your schedule.Where it says External Application, click the drop down list and chose On Demand Computer scan. Then you can finish the wizard.

3. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Doh! Thanks jayt.:oops:

4. jayt

jayt Registered Member

You are welcome Jake. :)

5. Doodler

Doodler Registered Member

Hello. I'm new to Eset. Would appreciate some help on two topics:

(1) I downloaded NOD32 v3.0.566.0 about two weeks ago and am having trouble using the Eset Scheduler to run a weekly virus scan that includes waking my computer from Standby mode. Windows Scheduled Tasks does have a feature that will wake your pc from Standby mode when a task is scheduled to run, but I haven't been sucessful using Windows Scheduled Tasks for an Eset virus scan (the Eset interface appears, but the scan doesn't start). Can Windows Scheduled Tasks or Eset Scheduler be used for weekly virus scans that include waking my computer from Standby mode when the tasks are scheduled to run? If so, how? (I'm somewhat of a newbie, but am good at following instructions.)

(2) I've read contradictory advise on another thread regarding the need to uninstall the current version of NOD32 before downloading/installing the newest upgrade. What's the best thing to do? If it's best to uninstall the current version, is it as simple as using Add Or Remove Program in Windows?

Looking forward to your help.

6. meschubert

meschubert Registered Member

I went with an uninstall first. No problems with uninstalling V3.0.566.0 or installing V3.0.621.0. Same with V2.7 to V3.0.621.0 on another system.

7. Doodler

Doodler Registered Member

When you uninstalled, did you simply use Windows Add Or Remove Programs, or did you use some other approach?

8. meschubert

meschubert Registered Member

Sorry about the late response. I just did a standard uninstall using Windows Unistall. I didn't use Revo or anything special.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.