Now I really need your help!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by scirious, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scirious

scirious Registered Member

Well, people, now I really need your help.

As I said in some previous posts I have an old version of BSPlayer that makes NOD32 v3.0 crash badly. I've reported it to support, but they insist in telling me that nothing happens at their lab and scans is performed as it should. However, EAV always fail to do this specific scan. And only v3 as with v2.7 everything is ok.

I even tried support suggestions but it didn't work. Now I need someone that could test this file to me and report the experience. I'm running the 64-bit version of NOD in Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit with all options at max. Could anyone test it to me, please?

TIA,
    Scirious.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

ESET have created exclusions . Add these folders/files as excluded :

After you add them , they will look like that:
    C:\Test\BSPlayer\*.*

You should manually edit them to make them look like that (with one star only):
    C:\Test\BSPlayer\*

3. scirious

O know I can exclude them, but I'd like someone else to test them.

4. scirious

Well, thanks. If you can complete the scan then I don't know what it might be here. I don't receive this error. My computer just hangs and becomes unusable.

How long did it take to complete the scan?

Tia,
    Scirious.

5. scirious

Did they acknowledge the bug? If so, and considering your results, I'm lead to believe that the support has, at least, lied to me. o_O

6. epdom

epdom Registered Member

Is this true for all folders one would want to mark as exclusions?.

Cheers

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

By default EA/ESS puts the exclusion in a variant \*.* (star dot star) - this means that any files in the folder won't be scanned (e.g. all files just in the folder C:\Test\ won't be scanned) . However anything in the subfolders will be test (e.g. with *.* files in C:\Test\Subfolder1\Test2\ will be scanned)

Making the exclusion in a variant \* (one star only) means that anything (files and folders + subfolders ) won't be scanned :)

You can test it and see yourself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.