How to turn off built in proxy (ekrn.exe) of NOD32?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Vicky1, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicky1

Vicky1 Registered Member

I want to use COMODO Firewall and it seems that ekrn.exe do not want any firewall.

I want to turn off this service of NOD32. Can someone tell me how to do?

Also, what effects it would have on the performance of NOD32? Will it still protect me from downloading potential viruses, using Auto Protect?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Enter the Advanced Setup Tree -> Protocol filtering options (under Web protection) . More here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1124960&postcount=17

It will no longer route any traffic and thus your pop3 and http traffic will not be scanned .

More or less - yes . Make sure your web-browser is always updated , real-time file system protection always updated and enabled

4. eddiewood

eddiewood Registered Member

Isn't it strange that you can disable it in the GUI, but NOD32 3.0 insists on re-enabling it after a reboot.

You'd think that an advanced setting would "stick", but oh no, it appears that Eset knows better than its users...this sort arrogance from developers really bugs me.

Why bother allowing you to disable it in the first place? If I wanted a web proxy, then I would have bought a web proxy.

It's the sort of thing that makes me wonder about moving my 200 users elsewhere next year.

5. Roberteyewhy

Roberteyewhy Registered Member

I agree with eddiewood.

Plus, why do I want an Antivirus and NOT configure it to it's full potential!

Might give KAV 7 another go and see how it coexist with Comodo 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.