Operating Memory Scanned Via On-Demand Scan?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by TJP, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJP

TJP Registered Member

Hello all,

How does one set up Nod32 to scan the operating memory via an On-Demand Scan?

Looking at the scanning options within the On-Demand Computer Scan/Scan Targets/Setup/Select Scan Targets menu, it is possible to add a tick to the checkbox for the operating memory to be scanned (as well HDDs etc).

If I return to this menu after saving my settings, I note the option to scan operating memory isn't recorded/retained (i.e. the checkbox is blank).

Is is therefore possible to set Nod32 to scan operating memory via the On-Demand Scan set-up? OS details as requested: I am using XP Pro with SP2 plus all MS updates & 1GB of RAM.

I do note within the ThreatSense Engine options (under the menu heading of Objects) provides the option to select the operating memory.

If the ThreatSense engine automatically scans operating memory & there is no need to scan it via the On-Demand scan, then perhaps it is wise to remove the option to scan operating memory from the Select Scan Targets menu.

Cheers.

2. TJP

TJP Registered Member

I hate to bump my own question - it does appear no one knows the answer o_O

On top of the on demand scan not scanning operating memory as requested, I also noted UI ram usage going steadily upwards over time, only to reduce once I'd access a menu then minimise the program.

Back to 2.7 for me until all the bugs are ironed out.

Cheers.

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

It doesn't seem to be able to save the setting for scanning operating memory.
    However, can't you check operating memory and then click scan?

4. TJP

TJP Registered Member

Thanks for responding Thankful. At least one other person has noticed the oversight.

As for separately scanning the operating memory separately - of course you could scan manually but why should you, I or anyone else have to do an extra step when 2.7 scans it automatically.

In the end, it’s probably not a major issue - I don't even know if it is possible to have "undesirables" in the operating memory. However; as the option to scan memory is listed within the scanning option, it should work.

I'm not going to fret about this (or any other annoyances I encountered with v3) because I'm back using v2.7. I've spat the dummy and "gone home" :D

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.