Weird Eraser Problem

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by n8chavez, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Whenever I erase I folder with files in it, it doesn't matter what the files that are being erased are, there is always a weird problem with Eraser. When erasing via the context menu, that folder's contents do get erased. However, the folder does not, in fact, after erasing, files that were not originally in it are now there; _BLOCK.WB4, msaatext.dll, and other seemingly random junk files. I am using version 5.84. Any ideas?

2. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Try 5.85

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Still in beta. But joel and Overwriter almost have 5.85 Final ready.

4. Overwriter

Overwriter Registered Member

Hi Carver !

Nice to see you over here on your forum !:D

n8chavez

Please try Eraser 5.85 Beta 6. Although remember it is a Beta !

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I seem to have maybe run into that similar occurance a few weeks ago i think. No matter how many time i erased the folder of files the folder's name changed but just wouldn't budge. :D

I don't remember now how i finally removed it but i believe i manually went around or under it from safe mode or a disk i think.

Anyway, great product, been using it for years and was a big skeptic at the start that it might degrade the hard drive over time. Well it's been over 4 years now or better and i'm still using passes from 3 to 7 on a regular basis daily on many files, in fact every single one i dismiss no matter the size or content, and yet to lose a drive. :thumb:

6. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Truth be told, since I have been getting those random file in directories that were supposed to have been erased, I had purchased another product. I did not get those error with SafeErase that I did with Eraser. I just felt as though I needed to get a product that worked. I have tried the previous beta build (beta 5) and was getting the same errors. However, I have installed beta 6 and tried erasing folders that I knew were giving me problems and everything seemed to have worked perfectly. There are no errors with this version. This is rather strange becauyse, as I discussed at the Eraser forum, I was getting these error no matter what verion of Eraser I used; 5.83, 5.84, 5.85 beta.
    Perhaps I should persue a refund from SafeErase.

7. Overwriter

Overwriter Registered Member

Hi

As far as I can tell the problem is with some anti virus’s locking certain files whilst Eraser was running. If anyone has this problem even after using Eraser 5.85 Beta 6 could they turn off their anti virus and try again then please report it on the Erase forums, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.