Installation problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by invgrp2, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invgrp2

invgrp2 Registered Member

I just downloaded the trial version 11 and when I install it it gets 99% done and then back's off.

I get a window saying:

"The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image Home could be installed".

I've tired to install the program on 2 other computers and get the sames results.

Note: I re-downloaded the software and rebooted all computers but no luck with installation.

Any suggestions?

Bruce

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello invgrp2,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software.

In this case we recommend you to do the following:

1. Completely uninstall any previous versions of Acronis True Image Home installed;

2. Delete all the files from the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\[Your account Name]\Local Settings\Temp (for Windows XP)

C:\Users\[Your account Name]\AppData\Local\Temp (for Windows Vista)

After doing this you should be able to install the product without any problems. In case the installation issue still persists please submit a request for technical support. Provide the description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

3. rhovdan

rhovdan Registered Member

Hi, I have the exact same problem.
    I have never installed the software on my PC before - so there is nothing to remove. And the folders you advice med to delete - well, they are not there!
    So in my end the problem persists and I don't know what to do.

Rh+

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rhovdan,

Please note that these folders are hidden by default. In order to be able to view it you should enable 'Show hidden files and folders" option in folder settings (Tools->Folder Options->View).

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

5. Alphaman06

Alphaman06 Registered Member

Hello, I was wondering if you guys were able to get this to work. I may have some guess on what the problem is. Due to our security settings we have to create a new administrator account and disable the default administrator login name. I enabled the default administrator account and saw that it was part of an Acronis group. Does the installation need the default local admin account to install properly? If so is there a workaround that we can do?

6. Ray Clare

Ray Clare Registered Member

I ran into that the first time I tried to install V11. I had forgotten to shut down my anti-virus program. When I did, it installed just fine.

7. banders100

banders100 Registered Member

Support keeps posting the same "fix", but never listens when we try to tell them that there "fix" does not work. I guess they are reduced to making excuses now, since there lame software doesn't work on MOST systems!

8. sparkymachine

sparkymachine Registered Member

According to who?

9. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Rhovdan, that hidden folder is used by many programs, when they use temporary space to extract their files. Also some log files end up there.

It is worth checking what is in there, somethings won't delete such as Lotus Notes lock file the Microsoft JET database file - if there is a program using them.

As an example mine currently holds left over files from Microchip 8.1 IDE install, QuickTime plug in, my AVG firewall upgrade and my wireless lan driver log.

Why Windows or installers leave this behind I don't know.

Colin

10. plawlis

plawlis Registered Member

Let me add my voice of complaint: Weeks ago I was among those who found TI 10.0 "hung" at the point of initiating a backup (it worked using the rescue disk, but not in Windows). I went through tech support. They would lose track of what they had asked me to do, and started asking me to do the same thing I'd already tried. After a few failed fixes, they asked me to install a trial version of 11.0. I did; it had the same problem, AND I could no longer get 10.0 to install. Mustang on this forum gave me detailed instructions on getting rid of all traces of 11.0; still 10.0 won't install. Tech support has had me do everything but stand on my head, to no avail. I've lost count of how many different communications they've sent me, and nothing fixes it.

It seems like it's time for Acronis to come forward with a better way to address these problems.

11. skypix

skypix Registered Member

I've had problems installing v11 on my Vista 64. Also, my install on XP worked fine, but the restore failed. Tech email said I was supposed to disable antivirus each time I want to do a backup, which I guess means I have to shut down my DSL connection too just to be safe, yes?

It's all too complex, and very annoying. Why can't a complete or partial restore just work the way it's supposed to without all this endless troubleshooting?

I'm looking for another backup/clone program or perhaps a freeware file backup that will actually work, and just resign myself to reinstalling my OS if I have problems. Hell, with my new system, I've installed my OS 6 times already since August! and I've been computing since 1983. Enuf already.

postscript:

I just halted internet traffic and disabled my antivirus. Tried again to install acronis version 11, build 8053, on a completely fresh OS install (Vista 64). Once again, it stalled on installation, but showed the program in All Programs. But the program of course, because install did not complete, fails to work.

This has happened 3 times total, twice before on an entirely different hard drive.

I will again have to do a complete manual uninstall of Acronis. I am also done with Acronis. It is not a reliable product.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.