Migrate Easy in True Image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by src2206, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. src2206

src2206 Registered Member

Hello

I found in the official product page of TI 11 that it includes Migrate Easy 7.0 too. Could anyone please tell me how can I use that feature in TI? o_O

I tried to refer to the guides here, but I could not get the answer...sorry if I missed anyhting.

Please suggest.

Thank you.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't have TI11 so I can't be more specific. It does look like they have included it in TI such as there would be a separate "command". However, Migrate Easy features are a subset of TI. Migrate Easy is the disk cloning feature only and you can do exactly the same thing by using the TI clone disk command.

Maybe somebody with TI11 can be more helpful.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The full Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 functionality (notably Clone Disk and Add New Disk wizards) can be accessed in Acronis True Image 11 Home under Disk Utilities category. For the detailed information on using these features please refer to Chapter 14 "Transferring the system to a new disk" and Chapter 15 "Adding a new hard disk" of the Acronis True Image 11 Home User's Guide.

We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

4. src2206

src2206 Registered Member

Thank you for the clarification.

Please ell me though that to transfer the 160GB to 500GB, which feature should I use...Clone disc or Add new Disc of ME 7.0?

5. Acronis Support

Hello all,
    You need to use the Clone Disc wizard for your purposes. You also do not need to create partitions on your new 500Gb drive and format it, Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 will automatically detect the drive and transfer all the data including the operating system, all applications and settings as long as all the files/folders from the old one to it.

Thank you,

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

6. laserfan

laserfan Registered Member

As a long-time (happy) user of TI v7, I've just purchased TI11 Home and like the OP, have been confused about the "Migrate Easy" function--there is nothing in the User Guide, or the Help Files, or the program itself of any "Migrate" functionality! On the box it states "Acronis Migrate Easy add-on tools included! PC Cloning - Upgrade to a new PC without the need to reinstall the operating system, applications or configure user settings."

Now I visit this site and find this thread where it is stated that "...it's possible to move the entire disk contents (operation system together with all programs) to another computer, if the hardware isn't much different (or to different hardware as well if using Acronis Universal Restore with an appropriate version of Acronis True Image)."

So how would I move my system startup drive (with OS and programs and settings and everything else on it) I just restore this drive to the new computer, and cross my fingers and hope it works? There's nothing special at all that the cloning process does to assure that I can "Upgrade to a new PC without the need to reinstall"?

It appears there is no benefit over v7 at all? o_O

7. Acronis Support

Hello laserfan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that Clone Disk is usually used to upgrade the hard drive (e.g. install a larger disk).

Acronis Solution for transferring of a system to a different hardware is Acronis Universal Restore. Acronis Universal Restore technology provides an efficient solution for hardware-independent system restoration by replacing the crucial Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) and mass storage device drivers.

Note that Acronis Universal Restore is a plug-in for corporate versions of Acronis True Image.

Acronis Universal Restore is used with image archives and you can find basic instructions on how to use it here. Detailed instructions can be found in Acronis True Image Echo User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. estheddy

estheddy Registered Member

Hi,

I just installed true Image 11 trial.
    Y wanted to clone the old HDD (89GB) SATA of my laptop, to a new one of 160GB.

I followed the steps and when the clne ended i replaced the old drive by the new one and restarted the computer.
    After the ACER logo (and option to enter the bios) it goes to a black screen (just before the windows boot) and remains there.
    I had to replace the drive and to put the old one in order to enter that forum

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

9. laserfan

So Marat, "Migrate Easy" is just "Clone Disk" with a new name, and in a VERY MISLEADING package?!

Look, I realize you are in Support, but the you guys need to band together and go into the Marketing Department and beat the crap out of whoever puts this verbiage together. I've forgotten more about the English language than most of you there, and your website & retail packaging are extremely misleading about this "new" (not!) functionality... :thumbd:

10. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

I would like to inform you that it's possible to migrate your operating system to a different hardware using Acronis True Image 11 Home software. Please check this article for additional information.

estheddy, could you please try to perform the cloning operation 'as is' without resizing partitions? It is possible that it have something to do with a service/configuration partition created by laptop manufacturer.

You can also submit a request for technical support. Attach all the related information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

11. laserfan

Thanks for the link, I have never seen this before, and I appreciate it.

12. Robocoastie

Robocoastie Registered Member

I just purchased Acronis Migrate Easy and tried to clone my drive but when it reboots nothing happens, it reboots yes but Acronis doesn't continue or copy files, all the program is doing is making my computer reboot. Also rescue cd creation doesn't work because when I try to make one I get an error message saying that the burner subset has crashed or something like that (the error message is different each time).

Vista Home Premium 64bit
    Acronis Migrate Easy

thanks,

Rob

13. Acronis Support

Hello Robocoastie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Cloning software.

There are several reasons why cloning fails when you run it. The most probable one is card readers which present in your system. So please try to clone disk with all the card readers detached. Please note also that the most all the modern printers have built-in card readers, so please switch your printer off during the cloning if it has one. If you have laptop and the card reader is built into it you can switch it off in BIOS.

Following the issue dealing with the Bootable CD burning please to try to create media following exactly this scenario:
    - Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the program;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc;
    - Insert a disc and then click the OK button to close the tray automatically.
    Another workaround is to create .iso file first and burn it using 3rd party software after that.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.