More High Praise For Comodo

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by acr45, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr45

acr45 Registered Member

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

They made a pretty nice firewall and they have BoClean, but theres an empty spot in my gut untill they release something earth-shattering that no one dare be without. I haven't seen that yet.

That's my praise. :isay:

3. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

You haven't seen cpf3 yet?

4. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Have you?If so what is the deal with it?

5. Carver

Carver Registered Member

It's hiding, because right now its a beta :D and Comodo wont release it till it's ready :rolleyes:

6. acr45

acr45 Registered Member

ummm yeah, that's what usually happens when a app is in beta. :rolleyes:

7. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

The link is a good read. It is a good firewall especially for free, but I do get tired of all the hype. :rolleyes: ZZZZZZZZ. It is just a firewall. I guess I feel like Easter does

8. Diver

Diver Registered Member

I like it. Not that it is proof of anything.

9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Welll, at one time or another we all been around the block with something like this before and sooner or later realized better more appealing attractions from other sources.

This is no knock on COMODO at all, it's just that i been to their forums and read a lot more HYPE then substance, and even though they fashioned a good enough firewall and took steps to absorb BoClean, it still seems not enough just quite yet, but more power to them. They are either in it for novelty or else they're comfortable with the way things are, like Lavasoft.

In a PC world like ours that is sitting on ready to jump ahead in favor of today's best innovations, they haven't made the right noise for me to hear yet.

Concluded Opinion

EASTER

10. Carver

Carver Registered Member

We will see if it is all hype or not. It still has to prove to me that it is a superior Firewall..Free or not or it gets deleted.

11. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Gee given the title of this thread, I thought this "praise" was from some highly respected testing source. I just took a look at the link. Yawn.

12. yahoo

yahoo Registered Member

I tried Comodo twice, V2.4 and V3.0 Beta. Both of them could not display properly on my screen (1680x1050). I never have had such display problem with any other software. I am just wondering how a software can be excellent if the developers could not even handle different display resolutions, which is very fundamental in software development.

Maybe I am wrong. But I have a strong feeling that Comodo will sooner or later become a payware. Perhaps at the time when it is out of the 'beta' stage and it is mature enough.

13. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I had Comodo 2.4 on my computer, I deleted it mainly because it kept on forgetting the applications. I wanted to see if the firewall lived up to the Hype. Don't get me wrong I like CFP overall. So far it CFP 3 been a whole lot of hype, now it almost time to prove it. To put it another way, they can talk the talk, but can they walk the walk.

14. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I put the current release on for a day, but started laughing and took it off when I saw in the logs that it kept saying Firefox was performing "suspicious behavior". I just don't need this kind of stuff, software that wants to tell you that everything normal is suspicious.. at least be somewhat intelligent about it right? There are probably options to tweak in there somewhere, but out of the box it just seemed silly, and more annoying than not...

15. dNor

dNor Registered Member

1680x1050 here, both 2.4 (running) and 3 Beta (tested and uninstalled, back to 2.4 until 3 release) run fine.

16. yahoo

yahoo Registered Member

Thanks for the info!

It is bad to know that it only does not work on my computer:mad:

17. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Maybe the "phoning home" for looking for a program update was considered suspicious?
    o_O

18. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Probably. :thumb:

19. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

The network access or application control logs should reveal exactly what FF was trying to do. It was probably just harmless checks for updates, but at least the logs should indicate that. Unfortunately, the logging information in Comodo is still rather terrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.