strange problem with spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sftxbox, Jan 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sftxbox

sftxbox Guest

hello i am having an extremely strange problem with spywareblaster. every time i start the program or do a manual update, it brings up a Windows installer window which says "Microsoft Office XP Professional with Frontpage". i have absolutely no idea why this even appears, so i hit cancel. then it says "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'Microsoft Office XP Professional with Frontpage disk and click OK". so why does spywareblaster attempt to install a feature for microsoft office xp professional? i fail to perceive why it would be relevant to the functions of the program. i have to cancel about 5 times before spywareblaster will start up, and everything functions normally once it is open unless i try to do a manual update. if i even try to update, it will bring up the same window again. this problem is agitatiing me very greatly. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi sftxbox,

This error usually occurs when the install of Office was not completely finished or ended with an error.

Uninstalling and re-installing Office should solve it.

Regards,

Pieter

3. msjones

msjones Registered Member

I too have a similar problem with windows xp, only spywareblaster keeps asking me for my dell backup cd. I got frustrated with it constantly asking me for it so I inserted my backup cd. It went through the install process ok, but every time I start my computor or restart spywareblaster it asks me for it again. No other program I have installed in the past has asked me for my backup cd. What is spywareblaster looking for?

4. Don't know if this is the cause but I was having conflict when I installed this update on XP...

Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer (Windows XP)

It was causing problems for me with acrobat reader 6 every time acrobat open I got what you get....

Hope this helps...

you can remove it in the add remove program applet...

5. msjones

Thanks for the email, but I don't use Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer. I checked and it is not installed either. Can anybody think of what else it could be?

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I wonder if you could try running this Missing File setup wizard: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/missingfilesetup.exe

Perhaps you have a corrupted or old version of the file on your system, and that's the root of your problems. (Who knows - I'm searching for answers here. :))

Otherwise, this certainly is an odd issue. I've heard of the Office problem before - and reinstalling Office has solved it for every reported case. You seem to have the first reported case of a message asking for the Dell backup cd. :doubt:

Let me know if the above download works - if not I'll keep searching for answers.

Best regards,

-Javacool

7. msjones

OK, I downloaded it and installed it but, same thing.

8. SgtRock

SgtRock Guest

I too have the asking Dell backup CD problem. It came out of nowhere.
    I have recently reinstall WindowsXp and all apps (includingSPB), the problem went away. Today it came back.
    Virus Or Spyware?.
    I have used Spybot,Adware and NAV, AGS to scan for problems- nada.
    Stumped

9. SgtRock

SgtRock Guest

I found a solution.
    Run the Dell CD before opening Spywareblaser on a cold startup. It installs the missing ? and then launch SB. Problem gone.
    NOTE:It does'not work if you put the CD in when SB asked for the CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.