Error E000101F4 Not Found Any Hard Disk Drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RichardS, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichardS

RichardS Registered Member

After years of using ATI with XP I can't believe that it has let me down with Vista.

I'm using the latest version if TI10 Home and when I try to restore a partition using the version of TI10 installed on the hard disk I click reboot and after the reboot the progress bar flashes on screen for an instant and then it reboots again back into Vista. There are no error messages.

If I boot from the TI10 CD everything appears to go OK but when I select the restore/recovery option I get E000101F4 "TIH has not found any hard disk drives".

I've installed the new TI drivers from the link in other similar posts but that does nothing.

I cannot use

"Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:
    quiet acpi=off noapic"

because there is no selection screen when I boot from the CD! It just goes straight into the TI graphical interface. If I keep pressing F11 just to see what will happen I get something about the "option screen not available".

There are so many people with this problem I can't believe that Support have not found a solution.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Richard

2. RichardS

I've just sent the snapapi logs to Acronis Support to see if there are any solutions available.

Richard

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RichardS,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. RichardS

I am using 4942.

The problem is that the "selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option" never appears! As I said, when I boot from the purchased CD it just goes straight into the graphical interface.

How do I use the command line when there is no Linux interface?

EDIT - I've just tried the bootable disk created by my installation rather than the purchased CD and discovered that it is only the purchased CD that does not include the selection screen! The limited functionality of the purchased boot media should be made clearer and the instructions in the Acronis Help Post should clearly state that the purchased boot CD cannot be used for accessing the Linux command line.

Having said all that, quiet acpi=off noapic does not make any difference and error E000101F4 still appears.

Richard

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  5. Acronis Support

Hello Richard,

Thank you for thу provided information.

It seems that some additional information is needed to provide you with a solution.

Please follow the instructions provided by Marat Setdikov and submit a request to technical support. We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you

--
    Eugene Bogdanov

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  6. RichardS

Thanks Eugene - I've submitted a support request and attached the logs etc as requested.

Many thanks

Richard

7. RichardS

I received an upgrade to TI11 today as I had only just bought TI10. I installed TI11 on my new Vista PC and it works fine. No E000101F4 errors at all. I have restored an image taken with TI10 with no problems.

I tested TI10 on my older Vista PC and it runs perfectly. Both Vista PCs have SATA hard drives but the older PC uses the IDE interface in the BIOS whereas the new one contains an NCQ drive and the BIOS is therefore configured to use AHCI. Perhaps TI10 does not recognise the AHCI interface?

Richard

8. Acronis Support

Hello RichardS,

Thank you for the provided information.

We'd like to inform you that Acronis True Image 11 Home Bootable CD supports wide variety of AHCI controllers.
    Should you have any issues with your harddrives attached to this controller, Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support with the attached report and the link to this thread. We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you

--
    Eugene Bogdanov

9. CAOgdin

CAOgdin Registered Member

SOLUTION FOUND!

After struggling with Disk Director and True Image on new computers (especially any with SATA drives), when booting from the Recovery Disk, I've found a solution to this problem.

Note: The problem does NOT occur when you're using these products under Windows. But, when you have to recover a corrupted system, you HAVE to use the "Recovery Media," and that virtually always fails with new HP and Dell systems released over the past year.

The solution is simple: BUY PARAGON's SOLUTION. I just tested (and then bought) products from http://www.paragon-software.com/ and, lo-and-behold, THEY WORK!

Acronis has been my favorite company for these products for three years, and I've spent more than $10,000 on Acronis products for me and for my clients. For the past year, Acronis has been failing to upgrade or repair their products, always insisting that their customers have to do all their debugging for them with complex, time-consuming procedures. And, recently, Acronis sent out marketing questionnaires about new products they plan to offer. But, I won't buy more Acronis product until this company SUPPORTS AND PROVIDES UPDATES TO LONG-OBSOLETE PRODUCTS.

I fully expect Acronis will delete this post; I will make sure it is placed several other places on the Internet so all you abused Acronis customers can find it.

--cao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.