One Click Restore Error - "no disks found in archive"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ph4824, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ph4824

ph4824 Registered Member

I found out how to create a bootable dvd of a new image with "one click restore" feature added to a bootable dvd. However, despite creating 3x different dvds from 2x pcs i keep getting the same error when using "one click restore". True image home created a bootable dvd with the selected "one click restore".

ERROR
    no disks found in archive

The last bootable dvd i created i added True Image Full edition to the disc. I got the same problem when using "one click restore" but when i rebooted and went throught the boot loading again and selected "True Image Full" edition i was successfully able to MANUALLY restore image from the same disc.

This feature seems FLAWED, anyone else offer an glimmer of hope and resolution?

2. ph4824

ph4824 Registered Member

I can't beleive no one else has had a problem or am i the only one? Let me ask this then, has anyone had a successful restore using one click restore?

thanks.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Your posts are appearing :) But I think you will have to wait until Acronis Support gets round to it. I do not use it myself and am not aware of anyone else who does.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello ph4824,

Firstly, which version of TI are you using? Secondly, were you attempting to "One-Click" restore a complete disk image or a partition(s) image?

I don't use TI 10.0 but with TI 9.0, using the One-Click restore feature would delete any partition(s) on your destination drive that were not included in the image. This caused much grief to users who were not aware of the fact.

It's only a thought but if you're using TI 10 then perhaps Acronis has built in some form of safeguard to prevent incorrect use of the One-Click feature. Hopefully someone can confirm whether this is the case or not.

Regards

Menorcaman

5. ph4824

ph4824 Registered Member

I contacted tech support and they did not offer any solution to my problem apart from using a different method, I.E. restore using rescue disc. Here's their reply...

"We recommend you to download the Acronis True Image Bootable Media image (in ISO format) available at link removed and burn it using appropriate writing software such as Nero or Roxio Easy CD Creator which runs on your computer. This image is a full working copy of the boot disc for Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. It has some features that correspond to your system parameters.

Please use this Rescue CD/DVD in order to restore your images without booting Windows. Please note that once you have loaded Acronis True Image standalone version from the Rescue Media, you may remove it from your CD-ROM and insert a CD/DVD with an image as the program would reside in computer's RAM and wouldn't require the disk".

I'm using True Image home 10 (build 4942) which is the latest version available. If Acronis are no longer supporting one click restore they need to remove it from the program and be honest about it. I was VERY clear in both emails about my problem and needing a solution but they have not offered any advise about one click restore.

Lastly, I can successfully restore images using a bootable rescus disc, then insert the image disc to recover from but I want the one click restore to work as this only requires one dvd.

Regards

Paul.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2007
  6. Menorcaman

Hello again Paul,

Thank's for answering my first question. However, what's the answer to the second one?

Regards

Menorcaman

7. ph4824

ph4824 Registered Member

Hello Menorcaman

Not sure is the simply answer. I have a reconditioned laptop and I've just setup windows XP with all the programs i need on it. I'm trying to create a one click restore recovery dvd similar to the ones you once got with brand computers like Packard Bell, HP, Emachines etc. So when the computer needs full system restoring i would just restore the image and wipe the contents of the drive with a good clean setup and start over.

I guess then it would be the whole partition and everything within it? I hope this answers your question?

regards

Paul.

8. ph4824

ph4824 Registered Member

Tech support is very slow and not very helpful at the moment, i'm not getting the answers i need to make an informed decision. Tech support are not responding to this post/topic and it seems no one else is having same problem? I am now considering whether or not to pay for faster support but I'm not paying if all i end up with is the same answers which is restore a different way?

UTERLY FRUSTRATING, i've been waiting to get this resolved since Saturday AM!!!!!!!!!!! it's now Tues late PM and I'm still non the wiser!

COME ON TECH SUPPORT WHERE ARE YOUo_O

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  9. ph4824

ph4824 Registered Member

COME ON TECH SUPPORT WHERE ARE YOU?o_O

10. Menorcaman

Hello Paul,

I'm not sure what you mean by "whole partition and everything within it". I'm assuming we are talking about a disk/partition image rather than a files and folders image. Therefore, when I said "complete disk image" I meant did you check the tickbox adjacent to the Disk Number (usually Disk 1) when selecting what to image. This will then automatically check the tickboxes for all partitions on that Disk, including the Track 0 & MBR tickbox.

Regards

Menorcaman

11. ph4824

ph4824 Registered Member

12. Menorcaman

Thanks for the screenshots Paul. These make it clear that you created a complete disk image rather than a partial disk or Files & Folders image (image2.jpg). As an aside, you must have selected the manual backup options as opposed to the default options (image5.jpg). If you hadn't then you wouldn't have seen the screen shown in image6.jpg (unless TI 10 differs from TI 9 in this respect).

So it appears that you have done everything correctly and, as you point out in you 1st post, you can successfully restore the image on the bootable DVD if you select the full TI version rather than the One-Click Restore. I'm now stumped and have nothing further to add other than that I've successfully used the One-Click Restore feature using TI 9.0 Build 3677 and have not seen the problem you describe (not much comfort to you I know!!).

Try sending a forum Private Message to Acronis Support (just left-click on the green Acronis Support name at the top of any of their posts and select "Send a private message to Acronis Support). Include a link to this thread i.e. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=185704 and ask them if they could comment.

Regards

Menorcaman

13. ph4824

ph4824 Registered Member

Hello Menorcaman

Regarding selecting manual backup options for image 6 to appear, well no i didn't, i selected the "Tool->Options" hyperlink at the bottom in order to select "one click restore" from "Media Components". I have created 3x imaged dvds now and one of them i added "True Image Full" and it was only that option i could restore from.

I have emailed tech support severel times and they don't seem to have their finger on the pulse because they have reminded me a couple of times that i need to backup "My Computer" rather than just "data", "email" etc, and as you can see i'm doing that but they are either just sending me standard replies or they are not understanding what I'm on about.

I have sent them the screenshots 3x times but they have yet to reply to those? I'm not sure sending a private message to a Acronis Support will do any more than i've done already cause it will go to the same people?

I started this topic after trying to get answers from tech support in the first place since last Saturday, it's now Thurdays!

14. Menorcaman

The Acronis Support Moderators on this forum are different folks to those that you contact via email and often chase up outstanding user queries. Therefore I still believe it worth you contacting Acronis Support via PM as detailed above. In addition to a link to this thread, you should also include any support@acronis ticket numbers that you received in their automated replies to your emails. Also worth posting any unanswered ticket numbers you may have in this thread.

Regards

Menorcaman

15. thomas2

thomas2 Registered Member

I am having the same exact problem with TI 10 Home; I thought it was the SATA drive .. which kinda doesn't make ANY sense, because it was what I built the image of, using a USB enclosure, and all 3.1 Gb of that partition show up in the .tib (I used MagicISO to verify this..).

16. thomas2

thomas2 Registered Member

So far, only the 'Full Version' works.. 'One Click Restore' and 'Safe Version' DO NOT WORK, and generate the same "no disks found in archive" error.

I think it may actually be the SATA drive .. it could be a bad/generic 'error code descriptor' .. maybe there really is a disk in the archive (..clearly there is..), but 'One Click Restore' and 'Safe Version' do not have a way to write to a USB/PC Card/SCSI (?SATA?) hard disk.

On another note .. this might be slightly off topic:

With TI 10 the boot CD works however it thinks my DVD RW is a CDRW, and it won't let me actually write to a DVD. TI 10.0.4942 (downloaded update) & TI 11 both recognize my USB DVD RW and both will let me write an image of my SATA drive to a DVD, but they won't let me add any of the boot features (One Click Restore, Full Version, or Safe Version). In order to add boot features, I had to put the hard drive in a USB enclosure, and use the installed version(s).

Thomas

17. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

thomas2, could you please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post, then submit a request for technical support? Please attach the collected report and provide all the information about this issue (what drives/partitions you have backed up etc) along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.