"Is OK (internal scanning not performed)"

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by The_Duality, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Can anyone tell me what this means? I get lots and lots of errors through my log when doing a computer scan. Im running an In Depth scan so everything is being checked.

My log is really clogged up with these entries, and i never had this issue with 2.7.

Any ideas?

Edit: Got a couple of those "internal error" messages when it was scanning an AutoPatcher XP file from May '07. Its rather huge so I cant submit it.

Edit 2: Scan took twice as long as 2.7 with the same settings... :( It usually takes 15-16 minutes in 2.7, but took 27 with NOD32 V3.

PS I am running EAV, not ESS ;)

2. The_Duality

Bumpedy bump :p

(sorry if that is against forum rules)

I guess nobody has any ideas or experience of this? o_O

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It means that NOD32 encountered an archive, but did not scan the files inside because archives were disabled in the scanner setup.

4. The_Duality

Thats odd, because scanning archives was switched on. I think the files where packed more than once, for example MIME >> RAR >> [FILE], perhaps this has something to do with it?

Also, any comment on the increased scan time? Has Nod v3 really changed that much in terms of the engine?

Oooh, one more thing. I have Nod V3 installed, but the shortcut in the Eset folder of my start menu still says "Eset Smart Secuity", as does the right-click scan button.

Fantastc work though, Eset. I am a happy bunny :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.