Acronis 10 doesn't see USB or Personal Media Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ChiefBrody, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChiefBrody

ChiefBrody Registered Member

I have Acronis 10 Home. I just downloaded the lastest ver. and made a boot CD. I have an image of my C Drive on a Buffalo USB External drive, an HP Personal Media Drive hot swapped into the computer and the same drive plugged in via USB.

When I boot up from the CD in Full Mode, Acronis doesn't see my USB drive(s) nor my Personal Media drive. I realize I could buy a Hard disk and connect it temporaily, but then what would be the point of using Acronis.

I love this product and know it's capabilities so maybe I'm missing something. I'm just getting desperate to get this fixed. Thanks.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Two things to try:

Simplify
    1. Disconnect all USB devices except the Buffalo drive. (A keyboard and mouse are OK to leave connected.)
    2. Connect the Buffalo drive to a rear USB port and it on.
    3. Boot from the Recovery CD and look for the Buffalo.

Try Safe Mode
    At step 3 above, choose Safe mode instead of Full mode and check for the Buffalo.

If you aren't able to see the Buffalo drive under any variation of booting from the Recovery CD, you may have to make a BartPE boot disk which uses Windows drivers to see your USB drives.

3. ChiefBrody

ChiefBrody Registered Member

That did it. I unplugged everything (two full USB hubs and then some) except for the Buffalo. Also left the Personal Media drive in. Rebooted. This time Acronis saw BOTH drives. Am recovering now with the media drive.

Thanks. You're a life saver!

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Ah yes, USB hubs and too many usb devices will make Acronis stumble. So will wireless devices.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Are you saying I have a hole in the middle? :D

Seriously, thanks for letting us know what worked.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ChiefBrody,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

Please notice that you can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.