Proxomitron reduces RWIN to 32768

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by iceni60, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

2. herbalist

herbalist Guest

32768 is higher than mine is normally set with 864k DSL service on Win98. I used Doctor TCP to raise the RWIN to 35040. Tweak Test at DSLR showed the same value with and without Proxomitron in use.

I've never noticed Proxomitron to have any adverse effects on my connection speed or quality. In fact, my last round of speed tests showed me to be just a bit faster with Proxomitron in use than with a direct connection, 698 vs 694.

Rick

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i've no clue what's supposed to happen with proxo and RWIN values, but i noticed someone metioned in the proxomitron forum thread something that looked like they were going to explain how it happens, i didn't read it though :p it's here if you want to read it? i think i have a concentration problem or something lol
    http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=641

4. herbalist

herbalist Guest

10 pages of that thread. I'm not up to that tonite either. Odd that it's only a problem on some PCs. I haven't tried raising the value on my primary box, only on my 98SE testbox. If I have time, I'll try it on my regular box tomorrow. That's a strange one.

Rick

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.