Any InJoy firewall users?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by acr1965, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I am going to give the InJoy firewall personal edition a try. I see their latest version is 3.0. How long has it been since this version has been out? Any comments/suggestions about this firewall?

Thanks

http://www.fx.dk/firewall/

2. Doc Serenity

Doc Serenity Registered Member

acr1965,
    This looks interesting.
    I can't figure out if the user manual would really help me or get me into more trouble than normal.
    I wish more companies would provide this kind of documentation.
    Let us know how you make out with your testing.
    Anybody know of any test results for this firewall?
    Regards.
    Doc

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

2 or 3 years
    Use one of the predefined security levels until you find your way around. The security levels can be found via the UI (top left)

level.JPG

Also note, if you are on an untrusted LAN, then remove the LAN from the network:-

network.JPG

I used to have this firewall on my gateway, so if you have questions, I will try to help.

4. acr1965

I got a couple error messages trying to install. One said that the program was not tested to be compatible with XP. Is this something to be concerned about? I am essentially looking for a compliment to my router w/firewall. I would like to try a software fw that is very good at packet filtering with some nice outbound control of apps. That is probably being pretty picky. Of the two I think I would rather concentrate on a nice packet filter to see if my router is catching everything or not. I can always throw on a HIPS as extra.

5. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

XP home/professional is supported. The only problems I have seen with installation is incompatibility with some NIC cards.

What internet connection are you installing onto?

6. acr1965

DSL- 256 I believe.

7. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Not at all. InJoy's drivers aren't digitally signed by Microsoft. That's the messages you're receiving. Of course, ignore them and proceed with the installation. Excellent packet filter with awesome monitoring...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.