Replacement for ProcessGuard

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by G1111, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Since ProcessGuard will apparently not progress any further I am thinking of switching over to AppDefend as I already am using RegDefend. How easy is AppDefend to use. Is there any on-line instructions for installing and configuring? Is there a learning mode? If not how do you load all of the Windows XP stuff. I also have WormGuard. Does AppDefend have any scripts/worm protection? What are the major differences between AppDefend and ProcessGuard. Will it have any compatibility problems with KAV, Outpost firewall, BoClean or WinPatrol? Thanks for any answers you can provide.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Thanks WSFuser.

4. carioca

carioca Registered Member

:mad:
    I was using pg normally without any trouble, but I gave it up when I moved to ProSecurity.PS is What PG might have become if it had kept developed on.The PS forum administrator (global moderator) explained to me as follows:"PS support more functions than PG, such as file protection, registry protection and so on. These protections may cause more warning box, but I suggest you keep them enabled for a better protection. But anyhow if you only want a basic protection for simple using, you can disable them from Left menu "Privileges" -> Enabled protections." I thought I was deceived by PG author like many users whom bought the fullfare versions because he sold lifetime softwares and he abandoned his projects and unsupported us. Now PG is a lttle buggy but i's still an usable great oldie. It's a pitty!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  5. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

KAV has a Proactive Defense Module that can be configured to provide much (though not all, I've not used KAV for a while so can't comment on specifics) of the functionality of Regdefend and AppDefend - you may find it a better choice in the short term (until a non-beta update to AppDefend is released).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.