NOD Still Not Compatible with Office 2007?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by TonyDownUnder, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyDownUnder

TonyDownUnder Registered Member

Last month I posted a problem which was: "I have NOD 2.7 running on Vista with Office 2007. I was getting numerous errors in Word 2007 where the program would open then close as "Word has encountered an error and will be closed". This usually occured just as the bottom left pane of the Word window displayed the "Running Virus Scan Message".

I then disabled DMON the MS Office Document Monitor in the hope that this would fix things - it has not done so. Even with DMON disabled the same error message appears. Eventually I can get Word to open after 3 or 4 attempts but it really is an absolute pain.

It seems to me that even the default scanning engine is not compatible with Word 2007 nor indeed with Outlook 2007 as Eset have acknowledged in another post by "guitareth".

I really like NOD but I need to use Word. I tried 2 other AV products including Kaspersky which often doesn't play nicely with many applications and had absolutely no problems.

I note that Blackspear indicated that a version of NOD that was compatible with Office 2007 was in the wings but I wonder whether I have missed that update or it is yet to be released. Given the flurry of activity with ESS I hope that this issue is not overlooked. In the short term I just can't use NOD as I need to work much as I want to:(

2. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Thats odd, because I have just installed Office 2007 with absolutely so problems whatsoever. On windows XP SP2. It may be a Vista "feature" ;)

3. Seer

Seer Registered Member

I am also running Office 2007 with NOD for a couple of months already (on XP Pro), and no problems that I'm aware of. Although Office 2007 uses the "new" docx and xlsx formats, so the incompatibility with DMON could be expected.
    Tony, have you tried to default the document format in Word to standard doc? See if that solves the issues with DMON on Vista. I'm not sure about Outlook, I don't have that installed...

4. Jules31

Jules31 Registered Member

I have NOD32 ver 2.7 running on Vista Ultimate and on Vista Business, both with Office 2007 and with MS Outlook 2007 and have no problems. Have not had to change DMON.
    If your Word is giving trouble maybee you should try to 'repair' it

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@ TonyDownUnder

I also use Office 2007 on Windows XP with no problems . Yes , Office 2007 is different from previous MS Office-s but NOD32 runs without problems in lots of PCs .

What about trying Eset's new jewel - Eset Smart Security . Although it is now in BETA stage , it is generally stable and may work for you . Uninstall all your security solutions (incl. NOD32 and any firewall) and download from
    http://www.eset.com/beta/

Report back your results :thumb:

6. TonyDownUnder

Thanks for all the ideas - it's sort of good news/bad news that many don't have the same problem:doubt:

Jules31 I did try the Word repair aspect but it didn't assist. The Seer, most of my documents were in the "old" doc format.

The strange thing is that I did not have the problems with NOD and Outlook 2007 that some have had. Ironically in testing Kaspersky it caused me no problems in Word but every time I opened Outlook I'd get a message saying that a Data file did not close properly and was being checked - always with no consequences.

I had a thought. I was using Blackspears settings and had cranked up the protection level to include full everything. For those who weren't having problems were you using default NOD protection settings or had you enabled the more advanced settings?

HiTech_boy I may just see what my last question elicits before giving ESS a whirl as I was keen to use NOD with Outpost as I had before - it was a good combination.

I am very grateful for the help that all of you are giving and I thank you for your time.:thumb:

Tony

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Both AMON and DMON are by default on very advanced settings. No problems with all kind of configuration.

I am sure you'll like ESS :D

8. TonyDownUnder

I just knew you'd suggest that HiTech_boy:D

Normally I don't mind using Betas but strangely with Vista I'm really looking closely at what I put on the system. Then again if I lose Kaspersky I can reinstall FD-ISR (the two aren't compatible) so I could roll the system back if ESS causes me any major problems.

Go ahead Tony, you know you want to;)

9. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

I am currently using Blackspear's extra settings, and I can confirm no problems with NOD, even when saving and opening .docx format documents. I would certainly recommend ESS - it wasnt for me (I wasnt a fan of the GUI), but it did work rather well. :thumb:

10. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Have quite a few clients here that have gone to Offic 2K7....along with standard versions of NOD32..no issues.

11. medwards001

medwards001 Registered Member

There is a known issue with NOD on vista and the Windows Fax Service we discovered last week. You had to exclude it in IMON, the WFS.exe.

IMON may be doing something similar with WORD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.