failed install of universal restore UR

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by curt504, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curt504

curt504 Registered Member

BTW I tried searching for this answer but this site's search and advanced search can only search on ORed key words so you'll not find a specific answer because all of the words in your search are or'ed. You might save yourself from alot of repeat answering by adding exact phrase or AND'ed search.

My problem:

Workstation 9.1 and installed UR and the WS9.1 doesn't show UR nor the boot disk have UR on it.

This computer has had a history of Home 9.0+DiskDirector and failed removal, failed removal of WS9.1+UR in the past.

FYI to acronis: you need your own scruber of failed removal that removes registry entries etc. MS's removal tool just removes an app from the installed list and leaves all the directories and registry entries to get in the way of existing or future installs.

So: I have WS9.1 and a license for UR but can't get it installed.

Thanks, curt

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello curt504,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (3887) of both Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis Universal Restore. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, could you please clarify, is there an option for "Acronis True Image Workstation with Acronis Universal Restore" option when creating Acronis Bootable Rescue Media?

If there is, but you don't get an option to use Acronis Universal Restore during restoration, please follow instructions in this previous post.

If there isn't such an option, please follow instructions in this previous post to perform a complete uninstallation of Acronis products.
    Then reinstall Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis Universal Restore.

If the issue persists, please create a screenshot of Acronis media builder with listed components, and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. curt504

curt504 Registered Member

FYI, nothing has cleaned my computer so I get an install of WS9.1 + UR where I can burn a recovery CD that includes UR.

FYI: after installing WS and rebooting, installing UR there's no reboot requested so I openup create a boot cd and the UR is listed, but the UI hangs in hour glass forever. After killing and rebooting UR is missing from the create boot cd list of apps to include.

Acronis needs a cleaner tool. Giving links to other posts that have other links hasn't solved my problem and support isn't going to solve my problem because you don't have a cleaner tool. MS cleaner just removes that app from the installed list allowing a re-install. It doesn't clean anything.

My only choice is to find another clean pc/XP and create a few copies of the boot CD.

For your quality control deptment, I got here because I installed WS9.1 + UR on a system with home 9.0 and disk director 10 installed. The resulting boot cd had no ability to see USB drives. I'm in software design and development and know first hand the challenge in testing all permutations. I hope my listing the problem scenarios here will help you.

curt

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello curt504,

Please note that we would need to give this issue a closer look in order to investigate it and try to provide you with a solution. Thus, please create Windows System Information and send it to Acronis Customer Service Department as Marat requested.

Note that, if it is suitable for you, Acronis support engineer can provide you with ISO image of Acronis True Image Bootable Media with Acronis Universal Restore plug-in.

As for the second issue you experience ("The resulting boot cd had no ability to see USB drives."), as far as I understood from your previous thread, it is Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation Bootable CD, which does not recognizes your external USB drive. Thus, I would recommend that you first try to use ISO image, which Acronis Support Team will provide you and report back if the issue persists.

If you already have contacted Acronis Customer Service Department, please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter. I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going and provide further instructions, if needed.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.