Give Away of the Day- Prevx 2.0

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Worth noting when considering this "Giveaway of the day", Prevx 2.0 already offers what they call Unique Free Trial Plus, wherein Prevx is "happy to let you have the product for free until we've saved you from at least one infection and thereby proven our worth to you."

If you're never affected by malware, the product is free for ever."

and, "if Prevx 2.0 detects, and protects you against, a malicious file, then a count-down begins. This count-down gives you another 30 days of the full product for free."

3. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

Apparently it's only a one year license though.:thumbd:

4. Gren

Gren Registered Member

Very useful for me though.

My trial for Prevx2 kicked off when I downloaded something nasty from the net (never ran it, can't remember whether it was zipped or a straight exe file).

NOD32 caught it and quaranteened it but it also triggered Prevx2. I'm now 10 days away from my trial period ending. If this extends this for a year then I'll be happy.

5. The One

The One Frequent Poster

Good post thanx
    \Never worked with it before.

6. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

7. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Advertises on my web page to get free licences, no thanks.

To the original posters link. How can one be sure that the download is a genuine and not some cracked pirate copy? Containing whatever malware?

8. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

Hooray! Get it while you can... seriously Prevx2 is one of the best security programs in the world (duh!). You can remove ur other av / aspy / firewalls and use this as a standalone solution.

Giveawayoftheday.com is a legitimate website used to advertise software companies by making one of their products free for 24hrs. If you dont trust me download prevx from the prevx website and use the keys supplied by giveawayoftheday.

Thank you Prevx and Give away of the day! You guys rock!
    In case you didnt know, the full version of System Safety Monitor was also offered for free on the Gaotd website before!
    :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D

9. Jarmo P

Did not come to my mind, I might do that.

I have heard rumours that Comodo firewall and ProcessGuard free might conflict, so I might try Prevx instead of PG.
    Only worry is that I am not overenthusiastic if software takes some CPU cycles. Then again always interesting to try new software.

EDIT
    From http://info.prevx.com/downloadprevx2.asp download is 14003256 and from the link the download is 14078010, so they are not the same.
    Further more I didn't find any expert review of this program version, so I think I give it a pass for now.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  10. ivanco06

ivanco06 Registered Member

I'm raising hand.:D (for free licence).*puppy*

11. Gren

Gren Registered Member

I wondered about that very thing. Sounded too good to be true. Downloaded the file and found a text file with a few serials to use.

I already have Prevx2 running so will try them out when I get home tonight.

12. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

Download from Give Away Of the Day it's official ;)

13. Jarmo P

I did download from Prevx site and used the keys given by the offer site. First one in the txt file worked when I answered after install for the license prompt. It is not exactly 1 year but only 364 days.

Before install I exited from PG and then uninstalled it. Now I will test how this Prevx 2 will work in my system.

All seems fine so far, except when I restart my puter, before going to blank screen I get a small popup a second that says something like this: "Runtime Error, R6025..svchost.exe, pure virtual function call".

It is not of course very assuring from a security program to do this. It did not help when I updated Prevx 2 and also cleaned what CCleaner flagged as Issues.
    I read about this error popup from some other user before installing and voila, it happens to me too. So it is not perfect program. I can do with it for now. Time to start learning how to use this.

Jarmo

EDIT
    If I 'Shutdown' Prevx 2 before going to reboot, that little error flagging window does not show.
    And it is a known reported issue: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1026598&postcount=8

Other than that I am really starting to like this program. CPU usage is not high at all, it is less than what comodo takes, it is zero almost all the time. Prevx2 seems not to be a cpu hog like Cyberhawk was in my opinion, though I have not tried the latest. Whether I install PG free back as a companion hips remains to see. First to check all Prevx 2 has to offer.

14. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Not a good idea IMO.:thumbd:
    Trusting one app for your complete security.:thumbd:

I would not put prevx back on my system,did not go so well.:rolleyes:
    But for those of you that want it this is not a bad idea.:D

Just a bit of warning,as with any software install it would be advisable to do a system restore or image backup(snapshot)of your system in case something goes wrong.Always possiable.It did with me.:gack:

15. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

16. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Thanks for the link :thumb:

edit: anyone know if the following is true?

I wish I could save the licenses for later as Im unsure if I really want Prevx atm.

17. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Ya, I also want to know. Can we save licence key for later use just like their offer of SSM? Anyone who have downloaded it and installed can explain it?

18. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

From what I understand, you have to register the product today. So you have to enter the license code today. Othe rproducts obtained from this site show the license belongs to GAOTD so I am assuming this one will too.

19. Relemar

Relemar Registered Member

Guys, just go to giveawayoftheday site and click download. Don't belive GAOTD is safe, simply don't use it.

We can gurantee you all that it is, not cracked just offers free licenses. I think the product owners let them? Just like a longer trial really. Not a fan of Prevx 2.0, but nice find.

20. muf

muf Registered Member

It's a good offer but there are drawbacks.

Terms and conditions

Please note that the software you download and install during the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations:

No free technical support
    No free upgrades to future versions
    Strictly non-commercial usage
    THIS SOFTWARE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, END USER ASSUMES THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE DOWNLOADED SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

21. Jarmo P

I am a home user and don't need no technical support that I cannot find in security forums. But I did download the install from prevx site and only used a licence key. Unless it has something to invalidate the normal install, I do dare to press the 'Updates' and allow also newer program versions to install.
    And I do think that also persons who used the giveaway install file can update their program?
    The current version seems to be Prevx 2.0 v1.0.2 Build 47.

22. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: these phrases seem to be a standard term for this site's d/l. I installed this to replace existing one. We will find out whether it can upgrade and receive tech support. Everything so far works normally as a paid version. With this offer, Prevx has definitely expanded its data bases by few folds. Smart move. Perhaps its competitors can learn some and smell something from this. :)

23. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

This is what the readme says...

"You can use any of those keys for software activation. If one of the keys fails to activate the software,
    please try another one, those keys support limited number of activations per key.

Remember, that you have to install and activate it before the Giveaway offer for the software is over.

Terms and conditions

Please note that the software you download and install during
    the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations:
    1) No free technical support
    2) No free upgrades to future versions
    3) Strictly non-commercial usage"

So if ya want it i suggest you get it now. Even if you don't need it right now you can just disable it for the time being and enable it at a later date.

24. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Got mine tonight, installed it, everything went smoothly, seems to run light and no probs so far.. pretty nice deal..

25. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Each license key is allowed for 1000 PCs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.