Latitude D630 drivers?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wildchubby, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildchubby

wildchubby Registered Member

Acronis workstation 10.0 is unable to find the hard drive on my Dell Latitude D630 laptop. How can I load the drivers needed for Acronis to use this drive?

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Hi Wildchubby, welcome to the Forum... :D

Is ATI trying to "find" this disk through Windows or through the Linux kernel on the boot CD?

T.

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Or to go back a little further, have you been able to instal the software? Is it a Sata drive in the laptop?

4. deskside1

deskside1 Registered Member

Acronis true Image doesn't find the NIC for My dell D630, neither sees it the hard disk , which is a sata with AHCI by the way.
    I've tried with Snap Deploy and now it sees the hard disk, but not the NIC.
    Acronis sent me two patches for Snap Deploy. Now i see the Nic and the HD , but the process always hangs before completion, sometimes right at the beginning , sometimes during the disk imaging process.

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I don't think you need Snap Deploy if it is just for your laptop. And if it is the bootable CD, as Tabvla has asked but you have not confirmed, you might have success with the BartPE cd that has the True Image plug-in incorporated in it.

6. deskside1

Well, it's not just for my laptop, i've got lots of D630 waiting for an image to be deployed.
    I used the master image creator bootable CDs both for True Image and Snap Deploy.
    I will give a try with BartPE cd, but i not sure the issue lies in the boot process.

7. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Hi Deskside1,

Snap Deploy is the correct product to use for your purpose. Acronis True Image is a Backup and Restore utility and as such it is not optimised for mass deployment of vanilla images.

The problems that you are experiencing are almost certainly associated with incompatible drivers.

The quickest way to resolve this issue is to raise a Support Call with Acronis and provide them with the FULL product details of your hardware (Make, Model, Version.... etc). Acronis have a full list drivers for supported hardware and they will be able to very quickly advise you if there are any issues and how those issues can be resolved.

T.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wildchubby,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please do the following:

If the issue appears in Windows, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

If the issue appears when using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

If the issue appears in Windows:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

If the issue appears when using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

9. Acronis Support

Hello deskside1,

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. deskside1

Hi Marat,

i didn't wrote to Acronis , i just spoke to my Acronis Territory Manager.
    I must say he quickly respond. The technical team found satisfactorily answers to all my issues.
    The only remaining problem now is resizing my imaged disk correctly, the usual HPA trouble.
    But now i should post in the Other products section since i am using snap deploy ;)

11. AgentBoon

AgentBoon Registered Member

Hi all,

May i know how u solve the issue on Latitude D630. I have similar issue when running Acronis TI 9.1 on a boot disk to do a backup, i cannot detect the harddisk at all.

My company has bought a few notebooks on this model. However, i cannot use acronis to images it.

What is a SnapDeploy? Will it helps on my issue?

Pleassse HELP!!!!

Cheers.
    Boon

12. Acronis Support

Hello AgentBoon,

Please note that since you experience the issue while using standalone mode of Acronis True Image (when booted your computer from Acronis True Image Bootable CD), most probably the issue is related to the Linux drivers, which use in standalone mode of Acronis True Image. However, in order to provide you with more information and a possible solution we would need some additional information.

First, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as Marat advised. This could help in particular hardware configuration.

If that does not solve the issue, please follow Marat instructions and create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) (check Acronis Help Post for instructions). Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

As for your question about Acronis Snap Deploy, please note that this is one of the Acronis products, Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0 is a comprehensive deployment solution that enables you to deploy new machines quickly and easily. Please note that computers should be connected via network to perform deployment with Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.