Visual Tooltip for XP & Vista

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by EASTER.2010, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Visual Tooltip Homepage

What's your opinion of this newest Windows customizing desktop enhancement? I think it's pretty super cool and not sure even vista can do this. I installed with no problems and now have it running at startup.

It's freeware for sure and a really generous share if you ask me. You can drag the taskbar thumbnails anyplace and when you right click to the menu "add thumbnail to dock", it glides up to a shelf on your desktop. I'm a fanatic over these miniscule but fancy doo dads. Some might even find them useful.

Word Of Note: If you're using IE and not using a pop-up blocker, i see it does throw up a stupid pop up, nothing malicious, just some silly advert pop-up that's easily closed and no more. Probably helps them with their site costs.

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

vista has the thumbnails but you can't move them. By the way looks nice!

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Yeah i know. My XP has ALL the niceties appearances of Vista ported perfectly to look identical including walls & icons, but when i ran across this one i just had to share it with the members here. Even Vista buffs can make use of this.

Happy To Bring Cool Creations To Windows Desktop. :)

Here comes another for ya'

A wallpaper changer that uses almost no resources. I set mine to change every minute! Too way cool, especially with Vista walls. LoL
    The freeware version is plenty enough.

WallpaperChanger

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2007
  4. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

5. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I can't remember if I posted this in another thread or not. It's a Vista wallpaper pack of some of the pics that didn't make the grade. It's a large download, but the pics look nice. Look at the link under 'Specials'. I'm also not sure if the downloaded version has the 'All Rights Reserved' on them. Beautiful pics though :) http://www.hamaddarwish.com/

6. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Thanks Easter, another nice freeware program. I have donwloaded it and it is working very nicely.

Kristian

7. Bio-Hazard

Very nice pictures! Thanks innerpeace. I have donwloaded them and i am going to combine it with Easter wallpaper changer.

Kristian

8. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Your welcome Kristian, please let us know if the 'All rights Reserved' appears or not. If not, it's definitely a keeper and another one up on Vista ;). I originally found the link from here http://www.askwoody.com/newscomments.php?newsid=979 For those curious it is 22 wallpapers at 30.9MB.

Cheers, innerpeace

Edit: I downloaded the zip file and at my current screen resolution on my desktop, I do not see the 'All Rights Reserved'. Sorry for the double edit, but when I did a preview with my pic viewer, the 'All Rights Reserved' did show up in the lower left hand corner. The pics are around 1900x1200 jpegs so if your desktop is similar to mine which is 1024x786, it doesn't show.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  9. Bio-Hazard

Hello!

Innerpeace, i dont have any 'All rights Reserved' on my pictures. Sorry to answer so late but i have been busy with looking after my son...hard work! It is working nicely with wallpaperchanger. I am still playing with it. Pictures are very good quality!:thumb:

Kristian

10. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Nice pictures and thanks.

I crop my wallpaper to fit the screen since sometimes pics run fairly large but they look great at "fixed interval" = 1 minute for me.

I'll keep looking for other Cool enhancements as they become available. :)

11. Bio-Hazard

You must have lot of wallpapers ;) . Let uss know when you find any new cool things. I am allways looking to customixe my XP!

12. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Hello there,

More pretty wallpapers here. The free wallpapers offer me a nice collection.

13. pligg

pligg Registered Member

14. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I'm there now. Thanks for sharing the links. Really nice ones, especially the space scenes which i always like most of all.

15. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

As i very strong supporter of open source developents and freeware as i am i rarely post sharewares but this is one when i found it i couldn't pass up and it was only 11 USD so i felt it worth that little bit.

This is another of my own personal favorites that no install/reinstall ever goes without. It plays avi, mpg, etc movies right smack dab behind your icons as a wallpaper. In other words an animated movie as wallpaper with no slowdowns EVEN WHEN WORKING WITH YOUR OTHER PROGRAMS!

If you find a freeware version which accomplish the same thing please post about it for us. I can't possibly cover all the customization sites but sometimes i run across a jewell or two.

NOTE: For any who decide to take the plunge with this let me tell you that it doesn't intefere with the Wallpaper changer at all either. When you close Injstar the wallpaper changer continues as usual. Best of all i noticed is there are no crashes that i always expect when running 2 programs that basically make use of the same screen.

Remember if you're like me you have your icon title backgrounds transparent and this program will re-enable those, BUT, afterwards simply right click the desk and unlock "lock desktop items on desktop" and Bingo!! Gone again.

http://www.digibuy.com/cgi-bin/product.html?101648864933

Now then today is my super-search day for the best useful freeware enhancements i can discover, so when i latch on another keeper for us you can sure i'll show it.

Enjoy! A REAL Windows O/S and not a skeleton. :D

UPDATE PROGRAM FLASH!

Animated Desktop W/ Screensaver

OK. This was one i had to go back and hunt up again. It's of course another freeware offering.
    This one however makes use of your desktop icons to run the screensaver of your choice. You do however need to place those screensavers in System32 instead of Windows directory for it to find them. A simple GUI to pick your screensaver to run, but i think you'll be amazed at how it makes use of rendering thru your icons of all things. The link is in the paragraph i listed below. Let me know how it appeals to you.

How to do it
    Automatic method
    Blog reader Nate, has coded an application which automates the entire process. His application gives you an extremely easy way of selecting the screensaver desire, and makes it even possible to start the screensaver rendering on startup. You can download Nate’s application here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2007
  16. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

Thanks for posting Easter.
    I've toyed with many of these types of applications and have really dug many of them. I can share a few that I use:
    +StyleXP+ Stylebuilder will allow you to make your own visual style, they take a little bit of experimenting to learn, but will allow you tons of tweaks to your GUI.
    +Mouselaunch will allow you to launch programs and open folders by clicking both of your mouse buttons at the same time. I tell ya, this little rodent saved me tons of time.
    +Objectdock will allow you to do the MAC thing, put whatever programs and shortcuts you want on the dock, then hide the dock, and enjoy your full desktop wall paper.
    +Background boss will allow you to cycle through the list of hot babes wallpapers while you're working on something. Needless to say, it will be in the background, therefore you need to have a dual display to fully be reproductive. I mean productive.
    + Axialis Iconworkshop will allow you to tweak all of your computers icons and, god forbid, ditch the boring windows crap.

Thats it. I've learned to ditch those other fancy ones because most of them will hog up system resources. These few will allow that incredible power thats hidden right on your beautiful desktop.

This is what I stare at:
    Plain Desktop
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/311/desktoplr5.th.jpg
    My good o launcher
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/4585/desktopobjectdockjx6.th.jpg
    And the Visual style
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2953/desktopalleh4.th.jpg

17. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

18. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Thanks guys.

Transformation pack i passed on in favor of VistaMizer but i'm sure it accomplishes nearly the same result.

TopDesk i had some difficulty with b4 but understand it's up to version 1.5.2? now? As very cool as that is i use another one that's pretty cool. I'm in a different set of drives right now but when i switch over i'll post it up for us.

Keep Going. Nice Finds.

19. glentrino2duo

glentrino2duo Registered Member

Visual Tooltip is a very nice find, Easter! Big Thanks! :)

20. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Indeed, my exact feelings also and results :)

Theres more i'll fish out for us soon.

21. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

Well,
    For those of you who are itching for that Vista Crapsta look and not want to forgo the established security you got on XP, this nifty little freeware will let you stick it to Bill.
    I tried it, absolutely amazing, I couldn't tell that it was not Vista.
    http://www.jcxp.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18388

22. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

DexPot Virtual Desktop

Nice one this is, and the only one i ever been able to use without problem as well as user friendly and tons of features you can select.

23. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

Seconding that :D

Has anyone worked out how to get the start button on the dock? The first screenshot on teh visual tooltip page seems to have one.

24. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Glad to help. I'm just getting started. We all been deprived much too long due to dull boring defaults that drop morale to point 0 as acceptable, we need and deserve much more attractive and exciting appearances as well as useful features without issues and the same old drab looks we been hostage to for much too long.

The time is finally come and is here now! Your XP and even Vista can be a showcase and trophy to highly impress yourself, friends, family, and associates of any kinds to prove to them computers don't have to always look or act the same as everone elses.

Enjoy!! Many more high enhancemnts without straining your good machine are yet to come...................:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.