Error when trying to open Spyware Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jozzabear, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jozzabear

jozzabear Registered Member

Hi, I have had Javacool Spyware Blaster on my computer for a while now & did an update several days ago which updated OK, but when I tried to open the program again tonight, got a msg:

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version. File "MSVBVM60.DLL" error 126

Searched these forums & found someone got a similar msg except the error number was different to 126, & response was to download something from Microsoft, however I didn't want to do this in case it was the wrong thing to do because my error number was different.

I uninstalled Spyware Blaster using Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, and then downloaded Spyware Blaster again from the Internet, & went thru the Installation instructions & all went OK. However, when I tried to open Spyware Blaster again, I got the same error message.

I am running Windows XP Home Service Pack 1, Zone Alarm Pro firewall, Norton 2006 Anti-Virus, have Ad-Aware SE Personal freeware, Spybot, & Spyware Doctor. I run scans every day to check for viruses, etc.

I am no guru o_O & need help to figure out o_O what the problem is. Can someone pls help me? :D

Jozzabear

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

3. jozzabear

Ok, will give that a try & see what happens - thanks for yr help ;)

Jozzbear

4. jozzabear

Hi, just checked the System Requirements on the Microsoft website for this Visual Basic Runtime file, but Windows XP is not supported in the list. So, I am very wary about downloading it:( .

What does this file actually do (or is it too technical to explain?)?

Will the file run on XP, or is it likely to mess up my computer? o_O

Jozzabear

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Yes it will work on Windows XP, and yes it should fix your problem. :)

(The issue you are experiencing now is often caused by a bad installer from some other program that copied a much older version of that file to your system. Downloading a more recent version from Microsoft should fix your problems with SpywareBlaster while also ensuring that any other programs that rely on that .dll also run.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

7. jozzabear

:D Fantastic, thank you - downloaded & installed the update as suggested & now Javacool Spyware Blaster works. Really appreciate your help :thumb:

Jozzabear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.