KAV7 detected Superantispyware as a Trojan!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by fce, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fce

fce Registered Member

Check out my screen shot!!

Geez! Thanks for kaspersky!

and thanks for comodo new HIPS i cancell all SAS connection to all other program!!

Attached Files:

2. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Hehe, I got the same problem... Add SAS to the trusted zone for now, and I have submitted the detected file to KL for analysis... so it should be sorted in the next update. A bit of a bummer for KL though... :doubt:

3. fce

fce Registered Member

why did you add SAS in trusted zone?

is that safe?

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i havent got that detection and have sas pro automatically run at startup.
    it must of been an FP and fixed already.
    i got an FP from kis7.0 the other day and it got fixed.
    you will get a reply from KL saying It was an FP and it was fixed already also they will say thanks for your help
    lodore

5. fce

fce Registered Member

according to KAV still cannot disinfect....maybe this is new.

but how my SAS Pro infectedo_Oo_O?? after i re-install it.... run fine suddenly im infected!!

is it coming from their updater? because now i hear some member at kaspersky forum they are also infected with this trojan from SAS?

6. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

1)it's a false alarm. so it's not infected, kis identifies it wrong
    2)trojans aren't file infecters so even if it were actually true, there's nothing to disinfect

7. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I would assume it is SAS Pro ? and was detected by Comodo F.w.as well? I have SAS free and ComodoBoClean stays very quietly. Perhaps someone w/ SAS Pro And ComodoBoClean can fill in here. Anyone? A trojan in SAS ? This may ruin Nick's T-Bone Steak dinner.:)

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i have sas pro with no detection from kis7.0TR
    lodore

9. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

It has already been fixed, thats why Lodore. :)

10. fce

fce Registered Member

its false alarm from Kaspersky?

i un-install my SAS Pro because of that trojan. if this is false alarm, i'll re-install my SAS Pro asap :)

PS

btw, after KAV7 detected the trojan.....Comodo (Alpha) HIPS works great. I have the option to block SAS application accessing other program during KAV detection.

this HIPS of comodo rocks!!!

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thats what i thought anyway.
    :D
    lodore

12. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

There is no infection in SUPERAntiSpyware, it is a false positive by whomever is detecting it.

13. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

You submitted a support ticket regarding this today and we already informed you that it was a false positive - why would you go post around the forums when we already addressed this and told you to inform the vendor that it is a false positive?

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Kas 6 always did this with SAS. It is ridiculous and shows another flaw in Kaspersky "great" detection.:rolleyes:

15. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

I have had Avast detect a trojan in SAS files before too. I submitted the file in question to VirusTotal and no other scanners saw it as a trojan. It was a false alarm. I submitted the file to Avast and in their next update the false alarm had been removed.

I am sure it is a false alarm as Nick has told you but if you still need to convince yourself then submit the file to Jotti or VirusTotal.

16. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

But yesterday you said Kaspersky was the best and set the standard for others to reach. Oh well. What a difference a day makes. ;):D

17. fce

fce Registered Member

its not me. i did not submit any report. even to kaspersky i did not submit any report.....because i dont know how to submit a report.

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Following me around, errr you. I havent change my stand, but come on, it has said this about SAS for a quite awhile now. I mean everytime I would start SAS I would get one of those colorful popups.

19. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

That's strange, since my KAV or KIS never detected SAS as a trojan or anything else. :)
    They all have 'flaws', whether it's KAS, SAS or any other. False positives do happen sometimes, so reporting it makes it easier to fix it quickly. :D

20. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Then SAS should try contacting Kaspersky if they haven't already, assuming it's a commonly occurring FP.

21. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We have already done so - if users submit the false positive as well, it helps get their attention.

22. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: This saga-type F.P. occurrence does worry me more than ever now. The quality and value of any top-notched app, such as KIS/KAV ,should be substantiated by good quality assurance work. Does KAV's QA run a routine check upon any new and very rapid signature release? does not? I do hope this is not a kind of events I often see in baseball games. Pitcher intentionally throws wild pitch to
    .400 hot hitter. Then the rival team will just do the same in return. It is a bad habit, needing to stop it completely. IMO, any excuses just would not convince me to look at the other way. We, users are held as hostages in this situation, often like a chicken running without head. Dam......

23. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

In defense of KIS, False Positives are a reality that cannot be avoided 100% of the time - every product has them - the malware is getting harder and harder to track and identify so the FP's are bound to happen.

I believe the key is to see how reponsive a company is once a false positive is reported - my guess is KIS has or will resolve this quickly, just as we would.

24. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Nick :I 100% understand what you have said and do appreciate your and others' position. Yes, this anti-malware war is getting tougher and tougher. But one thing I do not comprehend is why this F.P. has to be detected by a commoner(not an expert), but not by the privileged inside royals(experts). o_O

25. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Sometimes it just works out that way, no matter how hard we (they) test things can slip through the cracks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.